More statistics fun...

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

More statistics fun...

Post by Zyzzyx » Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:04 pm

Taking a quick glance over the top 27 teams.... :p

Looking at how many points/week each user is doing:

The top two (Aussies and HardOCP) are averaging ~750pts/wk/user.
SPCR is averaging 746pts/wk/user.

#6, 2CPU.com is averaging ~1650pts/wk/user, and our friends Knights of Ni! have nearly 1700pts/wk/user.

Regarding percentage active users to total users:

The Aussies are at 20% active users. HardOCP only has 16% active.
#17, General [M]ayhem is 42% active, while our friendly Knights are 46% active.

SPCR isn't doing too bad either with 45% active users. (though that's dropping. We've been in the low 90s for active users for awhile, yet our total users have gone up. We're losing folks!)

Only two teams above us are scoring more points/week with fewer active users.

#16 Speedguide.net has 78 active folks and 83k weekly score. Those darn Knights again have only 54 active folks, yet nearly 92k weekly score.

SPCR currently has 93 active users and 70k weekly score.

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Post by Zyzzyx » Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:26 pm

Oh, and the lowest ranking team that is currently GREEN, is Sharky Forums, currently at team rank 407. They're putting out ~4k/day, and have only been going just over two weeks. They've moved up 34 positions in the last 24 hours. Could be fun to watch their climb up the ranks.

ColdFlame

Post by ColdFlame » Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:45 pm

Maybe this is not related but "silent" and "cheap high performance" aren't exactly synonyms :P

You guys are running undervolted underpowered machines for sake of silence hence the low output per user. I might be wrong though.

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Post by Zyzzyx » Sat Nov 15, 2003 12:01 am

I would say that a fairly small percentage of the SPCR Folding machines are underclocked. Slightly more of them would be undervolted.

And the points per user is really an oddball stat, since it also depends on how many CPUs each user is using. We just might be more effective at borging office and friend's systems. I just found it interesting that we've got similar per-user output as the top two producing teams. And the team that's all about dual-cpu systems has over twice the per-user output.

Of the info tidbits I posted, the one I'm most proud of (and would like to see improved, if possible) is our percent of active users.

Zhentar
Patron of SPCR

Post by Zhentar » Sat Nov 15, 2003 10:38 am

My stats have been dropping a bit. Not one of my three computers here is folding. One for network problems I haven't figured out yet, one for noise/heat reasons (my laptop doesn't like the full load) and my main machine blew up 3 capacitors. :(

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:24 am

Months ago the highest position I hit was 66, with a single processor running about 12 hours a day. Now I have 2 processors running 24/7 and still I can't get past position 66.

Somebody's doing something right. :shock:

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:27 am

aristide1, it looks like for every person you pass, you GET passed by someone else, so you end up "treading water". You will pass Greg French just in time to be passed by Frank Condron, then pass Einrik, only to be passed by PeleMelanesian and Silicon Acoustics. It's a dog eat dog world man! :o

David

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:18 am

Yeah I noticed that. It really shows up when both of my PCs are doing tinkers and neither one registers any points for like 3 days. This has been going on for a while. Oh well.

herosformula

Post by herosformula » Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:34 pm

Personally, I think that undervolting is a bit strange, I use watercooling to achieve full strength silence.

I have been using a single computer and I have been in the upper 20's low 30's for quite some time (note: will change, adding a new computer from work soon)