Hi i need help to build a Gaming Desktop... ^^

New to PC silencing? Read & post your questions here. Dedicated to rosy_toes.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Tolle

Hi i need help to build a Gaming Desktop... ^^

Post by Tolle » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:57 pm

Hi im going to build a Gaming Desktop that will be used with 3x 1080p monitors and will be used for Hardcore Gaming/Recording/Streaming/Editing

and i want it as quiet as posibble so what is my options here im from denmark so i DDK and EURO

please help me out... ^^

CA_Steve

Re: Hi i need help to build a Gaming Desktop... ^^

Post by CA_Steve » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:24 pm

Welcome to SPCR.

What's your budget?

Tolle

Post by Tolle » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:17 pm

around 4000 Euro

CA_Steve

Post by CA_Steve » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:08 pm

Assuming that you want to game at 5760x1080 and plan to do a heavy amount of video editing, and want an ATX form factor, here's a potential system. I used Germany for hopefully comparable pricing and availability. No pcpartpicker tab for Denmark, yet :)
http://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/dvYQ7h

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor (€346.60 @ Amazon Deutschland) - if no heavy video editing, could drop to an i5.
CPU Cooler: Scythe SCNJ-4000 84.6 CFM CPU Cooler (€45.89 @ Amazon Deutschland) Ninja 4
Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€146.44 @ Amazon Deutschland) Well made and rated Asus board. Intel NIC. There are better audio solutions..but if you are willing to spend 4k on a PC, then stay digital and get a decent external DAC/Amp.
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (€74.89 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (€141.84 @ Mindfactory) Solid performer, nice tool kit. No real benefit to faster 850 Pro or 950 Pro and PCIe based. Need more storage? Get more SSDs.
Video Card: Some TBD GTX 1080. Probably not a lot of stock or reviews for another month.
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (€105.89 @ Amazon Deutschland) Great all around case. There are others.
Case Fans: The R5 comes with 2 fans. I'd go with 2 front and 1 rear for this build. My generic suggestion is to try the Fractal fans first and see if you like them. Then go from there. Decent replacement fans go from $12 to $30ea.
Power Supply: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (€169.10 @ Amazon Deutschland) Always on - but inaudible low rpm fan.
Total: €1030.65 + gfx card

mlgbueno

Post by mlgbueno » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:54 am

CA_Steve wrote:Assuming that you want to game at 5760x1080 and plan to do a heavy amount of video editing, and want an ATX form factor, here's a potential system. I used Germany for hopefully comparable pricing and availability. No pcpartpicker tab for Denmark, yet :)
http://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/dvYQ7h

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor (€346.60 @ Amazon Deutschland) - if no heavy video editing, could drop to an i5.
CPU Cooler: Scythe SCNJ-4000 84.6 CFM CPU Cooler (€45.89 @ Amazon Deutschland) Ninja 4
Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€146.44 @ Amazon Deutschland) Well made and rated Asus board. Intel NIC. There are better audio solutions..but if you are willing to spend 4k on a PC, then stay digital and get a decent external DAC/Amp.
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (€74.89 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (€141.84 @ Mindfactory) Solid performer, nice tool kit. No real benefit to faster 850 Pro or 950 Pro and PCIe based. Need more storage? Get more SSDs.
Video Card: Some TBD GTX 1080. Probably not a lot of stock or reviews for another month.
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (€105.89 @ Amazon Deutschland) Great all around case. There are others.
Case Fans: The R5 comes with 2 fans. I'd go with 2 front and 1 rear for this build. My generic suggestion is to try the Fractal fans first and see if you like them. Then go from there. Decent replacement fans go from $12 to $30ea.
Power Supply: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (€169.10 @ Amazon Deutschland) Always on - but inaudible low rpm fan.
Total: €1030.65 + gfx card
dang dench pc for the price!!! i might get that as well cause i am planning on getting one

Abula

Post by Abula » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:40 am

The only change i would do on Steve build is going with AMD Ryzen 7 over Intel i7 6700. Its been proven that for a streaming/rendering/gaming the overall gains are more cores, check the following video for some direct comparisons on a streaming setup, R7 1700 vs. i7-7700K Game Streaming Benchmarks.

Seems the Ryzen 7 1700 is the best bang for the buck for streamers, up to you if feel the 1800/1800X are worth the extra (i personally i would stick with the 1700), but there are small gains on the others.

The motherboard that i would suggest is one that received perfect scores on TechPowerUP ASRock X370 Taichi (AMD AM4).

On the CPU cooler for AM4, this is how i see it atm,

Noctua: is the safest as they said free mounts for AM4, and they ship worldwide, as long as you provide a proof of purchase
Thermalright: Seems the newer stock is coming with AM4 in northamerica, the official retailer in the US (nansgaminggear) has posted on amazon questions that he sends for free the kits for AM4 if they don't come inside, but not sure on europe. I seen comments on Thermalright True Spirit 140 Power that already come with AM4 mounts, but you should check with the retailer before buying.
Scythe: Im not too sure on this, as i seen some say they can mount them fine, maybe their mounting bracket allows the position of AM4, but i do expect newer batches to have them on the description. I would check with the retailer before buying.

Coolers that would try to check for AM4 mount for a Ryzen 7 setup,
Thermalright True Spirit 140 Power / Macho RevB / LeGrandMacho / SilverArrow IBE
Noctua: NH-U14S / NH-D15S
Scythe Ninja4 / Mugen5

On the memory, go with memory that has been already tested, usually the QVL List of the motherboard is a good place to start, and then check user that have done builds with them. I seen more so that Gskill Trident seems to be one best supported for people looking to go into 3200. Again this i would chose after the motherboard, as its important to check the memory compatibility, specially in AMD Ryzen.

The other route you could go, is separate boxes for each task, one for gaming and one for capturing/streaming, this ensures that you will have the best experience while gaming but your cost go up as you build 2 PCs, i would do 4 monitor setup, with triple screens for your gaming, and the 4th for remote desktop to the streaming pc / stream monitoring (twitch/youtube chat and console) / temperature monitoring.