Worst pimple EVER

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Sun May 31, 2009 4:55 pm

Matija wrote:Only on SPCR can a harmless topic about a pimple become a flamewar.
I see individual opinions, but nobody calling the person they are having a discussion with any names. Do you?

As for the other assumption you made; I went to a dermatologist when I was 17. I took tetracycline for over 3 years thanks to an open ended Rx. I stopped taking it when my tinnitus became fairly constant. So for me, "harmless" left the building a long time ago.

yefi

Post by yefi » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:08 pm

judge56988 wrote:But seriously, where else do you go for advice on matters medical/legal/financial/building/mechanical/etc. etc.? Your mate in the pub?
Relying on expert advice when you know no better is not a bad idea. Insisting they are right is too much however; really the best you can say is: "I don't know."
aristide1 wrote:And God help all of us from the number of people who routinely accept that without any forethought or consideration of ulterior motives. Doesn't this describe a large portion of the voting public?
I can see you with your can opener next to that tin of worms...

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:26 pm

yefi wrote:
aristide1 wrote:And God help all of us from the number of people who routinely accept that without any forethought or consideration of ulterior motives. Doesn't this describe a large portion of the voting public?
I can see you with your can opener next to that tin of worms...
:lol: Touche :!:

KansaKilla
Friend of SPCR

Post by KansaKilla » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:11 pm

cloneman wrote:FYI, Proactiv doesn't really work - at least no better than other over the counter crap.

Stievamycin gel is the only thing that has only every worked for me (along with special soaps and oral antibiotics).

Accutane is the strong shit that I've tried to steer away from

Stievamycin rly is the best cream/gel you can get though, afaik. A suggestion, don't attempt to pop pimples unless they are really, really, asking for it.
Stievamycin is a combination of tretinoin (form of accutane) and a macrolide antibiotic, which is commonly prescribed for acne. I agree with you on proactiv--same strength as the stuff they sell over the counter. If you bought the otc stuff and used it like the proactiv version, you would more than likely have the same results.