"Stellar Realms" - online gaming, with a twist.

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

DryFire

Post by DryFire » Sat May 14, 2005 6:48 am

well starfish, tibors and I seemed to make a decent alliance. I welcome all spcr members as allys.

edit: i was going to go prillep again but that -10% planet scared me away.

rbrodka
Patron of SPCR

Post by rbrodka » Sat May 14, 2005 12:55 pm

StarfishChris wrote:Ziggy Stardust enters the fray...
Ziggy Startdust of the planet Mars...

Reminds me of Mars Attacks! - I loved that movie!

Prince Volvo

Not what you were expecting a prince to look like?

StarfishChris

Post by StarfishChris » Sat May 14, 2005 2:16 pm

Well, this time we actually come in peace...

Rusty075
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Rusty075 » Sat May 14, 2005 2:25 pm

StarfishChris wrote:Well, this time we actually come in peace...
believe it when I see it. :wink:

My planet is up and operational as well, and eagerly awaiting the onset of hostilities

burcakb

Post by burcakb » Sat May 14, 2005 2:55 pm

I'm not so sure that there weren't any "silent" backstabs last round :) So watch your backs, no matter who.

Last round I had good relations with Pax & Tibors. We helped each other out a lot I think (well, Tibors helped me out lots, don't know if I returned the favor in full :))

I'll be trying Rool this round. Planet Chtonias.

rtsai

Post by rtsai » Sat May 14, 2005 3:04 pm

Alright, I gotta see what all the fuss is about :).

Number 1 of Rool Planet 1111

Tibors
Patron of SPCR

Post by Tibors » Wed May 18, 2005 9:16 am

I setup shop on the planet of ArraToise for this round. We welcome cooperation and trade with anyone.

DryFire

Post by DryFire » Sat May 21, 2005 4:20 pm

Yay! Turns have started.

Tobias

Post by Tobias » Fri May 27, 2005 7:16 am

Me = lucky!

I was just hunting for my next researchproject when I realised that I had four researchable items in a row... Turns out that I had gotten V in a mission... The only way I can think of in which things could be more lucky would be if it had been planet V instead, but that would be asking for to much:)

StarfishChris

Post by StarfishChris » Fri May 27, 2005 8:26 am

You lucky.. argh :evil: I could do with a 'Science V' right now. But at least I'm first, though for how long... :?

Tobias

Post by Tobias » Fri May 27, 2005 10:00 am

yeah, you are doing really good. Just swooped past me, didn't really have a fighting chance...

oh well... Maybe one should research construciont V and woop up some dreads and start taking on the alliances before they start hitting on me, like they did Tibors last round... Or maybe someone from SPCR would want to buy a few:)

rbrodka
Patron of SPCR

Post by rbrodka » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:23 am

We have passed the half-way mark for this round.

How's everyone doing?

I got off to a pretty slow start, but I'm slowly gaining....

Probably won't go too much higher than where I am now (21st position).

DryFire

Post by DryFire » Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:45 am

Doing fairly well. Had a week or so with little internet so I've lost a lot of research time other then that though I'm on track. I'm hoping to get out of the mid 20's soon and at least get into the top 15.

burcakb

Post by burcakb » Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:26 pm

Heh, I was going nice & strong but I wanted to try my hand at a bit of combat. Unfortunately the battle code got changed every time I attacked so I lost a lot of money & ships. Have been recuperating ever since. Now, I'm back on track, full of health, money & metals, looking for an evil opponent to crush :)

This round is a lot more interesting than the last one. All sorts of weird alliances, spies, backstabbing, everyone attacking everyone else, etc. Fun.

Maybe too much fun. I realised I haven't been to SPCR for a long time. :(

Tibors
Patron of SPCR

Post by Tibors » Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:05 pm

You can play SR in a spare minute (or few seconds) now and then, while you are doing other things on any computer. The problem with the phpBB software used at the SPCR forums is that you have to have at least an hour to just look arround each time you visit. It looses the "unread" markers. I haven't had time for anything (on SPCR) other than reading the new articles for about a month and a half now. The joys of no longer being unemployed, sigh.

To get back on topic. Almost ready for action. Somebody arround who wants to be my practice target?

rbrodka
Patron of SPCR

Post by rbrodka » Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:23 pm

burcakb wrote:...looking for an evil opponent to crush...
Tibors wrote:... Almost ready for action. Somebody arround who wants to be my practice target?...
Prince Volvo says....

Not me! Not your ol pal, friend, allie, buddy, provider of the analysis pages, good guy Prince Volvo !!! :lol:

I've been doing okay, but the 4,000 unit cap bit me. At the end of last round, I decided to play Dorune so I could build lots of Drones. I had drones on my mind when I heard about the unit cap, and somehow got the idea in my head that the cap was for Drones only. So this round I've been busy building Drones, and as I got close to 4,000 drones I started building Advanced Interceptors. That's when I hit the unit cap and was shocked. Now I am decommissioning Drones so I can build higher value units. Crap!

Happy Planeteering !

Not the sharpest tack in the box...

Prince Volvo

DryFire

Post by DryFire » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:28 am

lol tibors i can suggest a few targets for you if you like.

Tobias

Post by Tobias » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:35 am

Oh, please don't mention my name:P

Concidering that I'm fifth, I'd say I'm doing fairly well under the curcomstances, but the fact that I have no internet at home due to moving and a dispute with my ISP (They have been claiming that I should get it in 2-4 weeks time for over a month now, last time earlier this day... Swedes, be aware of BBB) is starting to tax my performance now, even Volvo is growing faster than me now :lol:

The alliancewar of this age has really allowed me to duck under the radar so far this age with a sub-standard defence:( I guess I have to remedy this now that I have gotten my economy up and workin again...

DryFire

Post by DryFire » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:05 am

yeah but fighting seems to give a lot more prestige this round. (points to klingon)

I reccomend tightening up defenses in the last 100 years as battle pop up like crazy.

rbrodka
Patron of SPCR

Post by rbrodka » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:58 am

Tobias wrote:... even Volvo is growing faster than me now :lol: ...
:?: :!: us slimy little toads just don't get no respect !!!

Waiting on a kiss from a princess
Prince Volvo

Tibors
Patron of SPCR

Post by Tibors » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:41 am

Well, who would you suggest then?

DryFire

Post by DryFire » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:05 pm

Sent you a pm (or at least i think i did, sometimes this connection screws with me).

I could come up with a a decent list of targets.

rbrodka
Patron of SPCR

Post by rbrodka » Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:51 pm

I'd vote for attacking the dirty rotten low-life stinkin scoundrels that are stealing credits and population, and conducting other espionage.

Unfortunately, I do not know who they are yet, but I know there are some pretty stealthy foreign agents out there.

tragus
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by tragus » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:56 pm

Soon, I hope to find out the sabateurs on my little planet as well. I'm just training my first agents.

Yep, I got sucked into SR, though rather late in this round, so I'm rather near the bottom of the ladder. Rather quite a lark, though.

It *is* a bit maddening sometimes to have the 20-minute turns, and waiting so long for research. But it's also satisfying in a longer-term way, and I don't have to spend extended periods of time glued to the world. Weird and wonderful.

rbrodka
Patron of SPCR

Post by rbrodka » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:07 am

Tragus, welcome to the galaxy!

Would you care to reveal the name of your planet?

I have a difficult time keeping track of who is who....

.... and I try to not harrass the SPCR'ers too much... :roll:

tragus
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by tragus » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:10 am

I'm playing CarTalk Central. "Come on by and waste some of your time in the third half of our show."

joelmusicman

Post by joelmusicman » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:26 pm

Greetings from the planet I'llth!

I just signed up (I know it's pretty late in the game, but I'm just trying to get a handle on things. I'll just be laying low trying furiously to catch up on research, and eventually I'll branch out into producing ships at preferred prices for my SPCR friends!

rbrodka
Patron of SPCR

Post by rbrodka » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:30 pm

joelmusicman wrote:Greetings from the planet I'llth!

I just signed up (I know it's pretty late in the game, but I'm just trying to get a handle on things. I'll just be laying low trying furiously to catch up on research, and eventually I'll branch out into producing ships at preferred prices for my SPCR friends!
Welcome to the galaxy, Professor Benaus !

You've signed up at a good time, it will give you an opportunity to learn how to play and some experience which will be invaluable in the next round.

If you need any help or advice, just let us know. There are some pretty sharp players from SPCR - not me of course, I'm not the sharpest tack in the box... :roll:

Prince Volvo of Ohmm

Tibors
Patron of SPCR

Post by Tibors » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:12 am

rbrodka wrote:Probably won't go too much higher than where I am now (21st position).
You obviously didn't count on the collective and the Alliance of Worlds to clear out some planets above you, did you? You're going nice on 11th place now.

For anybody still afraid of becomming my practice target, rest assured. I already found them, so you are in no danger anymore.

rbrodka
Patron of SPCR

Post by rbrodka » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:24 am

Tibors wrote:...You obviously didn't count on the collective and the Alliance of Worlds to clear out some planets above you, did you? ...
Thanks to all the conflicts, I've moved up quite nicely. :shock:
I was 11th for a while, but have fallen back to 12th, with ArraToise (Tibors) right behind me at 13th and moving up quickly.

Wave as you go past me, Tibors ! :D