New games without nasty protection?

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Tzupy
*Lifetime Patron*

New games without nasty protection?

Post by Tzupy » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:00 pm

I am interested to BUY and play Company of Heroes and Supreme Commander, but NOT if they are using Starforce.
A friend of mine said he saw somewhere that CoH is using Starforce, that's why I didn't get it yet.
If someone knows for sure the protection status of these two games, please reply and many thanks.
I couldn't find such info myself, only found protection type for older games.

Slaugh

Post by Slaugh » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:50 pm

According to this thread, Company of Heroes doesn't use Starforce. An up to date list of released Starforced games is available on the Boycott Starforce website.

Tzupy
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Tzupy » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:48 am

Thank you for the reply! I already saw that Boycott Starforce list, but wasn't sure how complete it is.
The forum link was most helpful, thank you. I'll buy my legit copy of CoH ASAP.

rmse17

Post by rmse17 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:55 am

Latest version of Supreme Commander does not contain any DVD protection (ie, you dont need the DVD in the drive for anything after install.

Tzupy
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Tzupy » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:44 am

I bought my legit copy of CoH today, and I confirm that it doesn't need the disc in the drive while playing.

psiu

Post by psiu » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:22 pm

Tzupy wrote:I bought my legit copy of CoH today, and I confirm that it doesn't need the disc in the drive while playing.
Yup, and the game kicks ass too! I am hoping to see an expansion hopefully...but some of the user made maps are pretty awesome too (I think from Fileplanet is where I get most of mine).