What happened to my beaver thread?

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Sooty

What happened to my beaver thread?

Post by Sooty » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:10 am

IT WAS JUST A JOKE! click here

Trigger happy mods :roll: Try reading it before deleting it :roll: :wink:

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:55 am

The headline was far too inappropriately suggestive. It was distasteful. We dump spammers with less provocative headlines all the time.

andyb
Patron of SPCR

Post by andyb » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:27 am

:P Casey, you have a fantastic beaver :D

Its nice to see that you will actually put your Beaver on show in public (21st of this month), and not just on your webpage - I bet it looks even better in the flesh :lol:

Andy

Sooty

Post by Sooty » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:37 am

MikeC wrote:The headline was far too inappropriately suggestive. It was distasteful. We dump spammers with less provocative headlines all the time.
Very mild sexual innuendo, nothing more, but it’s your forum, Mike. 8)

Sooty

Post by Sooty » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:40 am

andyb wrote::P Casey, you have a fantastic beaver :D

Its nice to see that you will actually put your Beaver on show in public (21st of this month), and not just on your webpage - I bet it looks even better in the flesh :lol:

Andy
Naughty boy Andy! Mine was milder than that, so expect yours to disappear too :P

andyb
Patron of SPCR

Post by andyb » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:04 am

A Beaver post has already disapeared once, would that be classified "Deja-vu - the case of the vanishing Beaver".

I need to re-look at your website, I never saw the inside of the Beaver, only the furry bit on the outside, and what a great tail :wink: the inside is obviously where all of the action happens, it seems to pack quite a punch even though its quite small inside - some would say it was a tight fit congratulations for fitting your effort and success.

I have to ask, when you were working on it and it was giving you problems did your growl :twisted:

Andy

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:11 am

Sooty wrote:
andyb wrote::P Casey, you have a fantastic beaver :D Andy
Naughty boy Andy! Mine was milder than that, so expect yours to disappear too :P
There's a big difference between a headline for a thread vs. comments inside a thread. The former appears on every page on the MAIN SITE (in the right side SPCR Forums activity box). The latter -- well once you're in the thread, presumably, you see the joke, and it's in context...

Sooty

Post by Sooty » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:41 am

MikeC wrote:
Sooty wrote:
andyb wrote::P Casey, you have a fantastic beaver :D Andy
There's a big difference between a headline for a thread vs. comments inside a thread. The former appears on every page on the MAIN SITE (in the right side SPCR Forums activity box). The latter -- well once you're in the thread, presumably, you see the joke, and it's in context...
So I can repeat my original title in this thread, as we’re now in the thread? Because some people reading your comments Mike, might believe I wrote something hideously perverted, when all my original title said, was:

“This lady has a nice beaver!â€

floffe

Post by floffe » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:47 am

It's a good thing with some competition to Linux on a dead badger :D

nici

Post by nici » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:57 pm

The disclaimer in the badger thing had me in tears.. Mostly because i don't want to wake everyone by laughing loudly and it hurts to stop laughter. :lol: