EXECUTION OF NINJA MURDERER (REV. B) [thread probation]

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

andaca

EXECUTION OF NINJA MURDERER (REV. B) [thread probation]

Post by andaca » Wed May 16, 2007 1:06 pm

1 check for compatibility

2 install the compatible / redesigned mounting bracket (ironic)

3 clean both surfaces with isopropyl alcohol

4 apply a very thin layer of Zalman STG1 on both the CPU and the HSF

5 motherboard outside of the case...

6 push-pins fully inserted and locked...

7 visual inspection on the underside...

8 horrible / dreadful temps

9 repeat again four times

10 disaster (stone dead E6600)

compatible my ass!

finally my Ninja Rev.B gives me a satisfaction...

Ahh…I feel better now

NEVER AGAIN. SCYTHE. NEVER AGAIN.

FALSE AND MISLEADING ADVERTISING

DEFECTIVE AND DANGEROUS PRODUCT

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT BUY SCYTHE.

EVER.

removed my Scythe Quiet Drive. Not going to take a chance. After this, how can i trust this guys?

Jumper

Post by Jumper » Wed May 16, 2007 1:13 pm

My old 89W X2-4200 is idling away happily at 33C with a Ninja Rev B right now.

I got the best temps with the 'put a dot of AS5 in the center of the IHS, press down, and wiggle' method.

A lot of C2Ds have concave IHSes, which is why this is the recommended method for CPUs that have an IHS.

Also, running a Ninja outside a case passive is a bad idea. It gets no airflow and convection alone won't cool it.

andaca

Post by andaca » Wed May 16, 2007 1:26 pm

good for you. that is clearly not my experience

And I was not running passive

it had 2 coolers ( front / rear) + inside a huge case

LuckyNV

Post by LuckyNV » Wed May 16, 2007 1:27 pm

damn, didn't video the heatsink mullering by any chance? :lol:

andaca

Post by andaca » Wed May 16, 2007 1:38 pm

LuckyNV wrote:damn, didn't video the heatsink mullering by any chance? :lol:
nop, sorry. I was to occupied reading...

jhhoffma

Post by jhhoffma » Wed May 16, 2007 1:41 pm

Nice one,

Instead of returning it for RMA or refund from store/Scythe, now you have to buy a new CPU AND a new heatsink.

Many, many people use the revB here and love it. The fact that you have a problem is troubling, but it would have been more useful for you to find out WHY the problem was occurring (bad heatsink, improper installation, etc) by working with the manufacturer, you blame them.

Not to say it was all your fault, but rage usually causes more problems and creates more questions than it answers...

jaganath

Post by jaganath » Wed May 16, 2007 2:31 pm

10 disaster (stone dead E6600)
how did it kill the C2D? I though C2D throttled under thermal overload and shut down after a certain point?

qviri

Post by qviri » Wed May 16, 2007 2:50 pm

I'm happy for you.

Erssa

Post by Erssa » Wed May 16, 2007 2:59 pm

What a waste...

andaca

Post by andaca » Wed May 16, 2007 3:24 pm

jhhoffma wrote:Nice one,

Instead of returning it for RMA or refund from store/Scythe, now you have to buy a new CPU AND a new heatsink.

not possible. to late. store has a 30 day return policy. Scythe doesn't answer my emails.

Many, many people use the revB here and love it.

good for them. mine was a pile of dogshit. i dont love dogshit.

The fact that you have a problem is troubling, but it would have been more useful for you to find out WHY the problem was occurring (bad heatsink, improper installation, etc) by working with the manufacturer, you blame them.

not enough pressure / flimsy plastic pins / inadequate retention mechanism for such a large POS / defective surface tension-capillary driving force / thermal conductivity of the working fluid ?
i don't know... pick one. Its not my fault, i know what im doing here, my xp-90 works flawlessly, this shit should work like its supposed to

Not to say it was all your fault, but rage usually causes more problems and creates more questions than it answers...
nice Anger Management tip...

the only problem here is this poorly conceived / manufactured "cooler"
anger is a natural response ( THIS SHIT COST ME 85$ AND NOW MY $300
CPU IS DEAD? NICE! I FEEL SO HAPPY INSIDE!)

andaca

Post by andaca » Wed May 16, 2007 3:31 pm

Erssa wrote:What a waste...
I now. i want my money / time back. When your cpu / hdd die, you will understand it 2. just my 2 cents. loose the Scythe crap.

derekchinese

Post by derekchinese » Wed May 16, 2007 3:33 pm

CPU still has 3 year warranty, so I would think there should be some way to get a replacement.

When ripped the heatpipes apart, was there liquid inside?

Very awesome pics! I am glad I didn't go for Rev. B

LONG LIVE THERMALRIGHT ULTRA 120 EXTREME AND TUNIQ TOWER 120!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SLOTh

Post by SLOTh » Wed May 16, 2007 3:37 pm

andaca wrote:
I now. i want my money / time back. When your cpu / hdd die, you will understand it 2. just my 2 cents. loose the Scythe crap.
I have a scythe on each machine i own (back when they were alpha and now) i would not have it any other way

its too bad that the install did not go well. but it is troubling that scythe didn;t get back to you ;(

andaca

Post by andaca » Wed May 16, 2007 3:52 pm

derekchinese wrote:CPU still has 3 year warranty, so I would think there should be some way to get a replacement.

3 year warranty? only in America. The IHS its now a lil scratched + cpu dead. the store guy is not going to change it. im going to try again.

When ripped the heatpipes apart, was there liquid inside?

no liquid. It was like a gas or faint greasy vapor / metallic fart

Very awesome pics! I am glad I didn't go for Rev. B

LONG LIVE THERMALRIGHT ULTRA 120 EXTREME AND TUNIQ TOWER 120!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD CHOICE: thermalright never fails for me. Sharka didnt have one, so i bought this POS- my mistake-

Erssa

Post by Erssa » Wed May 16, 2007 4:10 pm

andaca wrote:
Money? It seems money is the least of your concerns when you can afford to destroy a perfectly good cooler. You just could have sold the cooler and RMAd the processor.

I think most people have had hardware failures. My Crucial Ballistix broke twice last year. I just RMAd them on both times. So yes, I can understand the frustration, I just think your reaction is a foolish one.

Edit: P.S. Crucial customer service rocks.

Howard

Post by Howard » Wed May 16, 2007 4:38 pm

derekchinese wrote:LONG LIVE THERMALRIGHT ULTRA 120 EXTREME AND TUNIQ TOWER 120!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Tuniq may still be hard to find, and many U-120 Extremes are coming with convex bases.

andaca

Post by andaca » Wed May 16, 2007 4:40 pm

Erssa wrote:
andaca wrote:
Money? It seems money is the least of your concerns when you can afford to destroy a perfectly good cooler. You just could have sold the cooler and RMAd the processor.

I think most people have had hardware failures. My Crucial Ballistix broke twice last year. I just RMAd them on both times. So yes, I can understand the frustration, I just think your reaction is a foolish one.

1 ) Perfectly good cooler?... How did you arrive to that conclusion? not listening i guess.

2) RMA? Again, not listening.

3)Sold the "cooler"? I would never do that, you see, this POS is not working, I might be a fool, but I don't like to screw people like that...

and you are not listening again... I give up... look here, a cute cat

qviri

Post by qviri » Wed May 16, 2007 4:50 pm

This thread isn't going anywhere.

Erssa

Post by Erssa » Wed May 16, 2007 4:55 pm

andaca wrote:1 ) Perfectly good cooler?... How did you arrive to that conclusion? not listening i guess.
It probably would have worked on some other motherboard.
Like derekchinese said, your CPU has 3 years of warranty. Core2 hasn't been here for 3 years. Maybe it's not my listening skills (reading comprehension), but your understanding of how RMA works...
3)Sold the "cooler"? I would never do that, you see, this POS is not working, I might be a fool, but I don't like to screw people like that...
Well it's definately not working anymore. I don't believe the cooler was broken, I think it's much more likely it just wasn't compatible with the motherboard, or that you made an error in installation. Even if the retention system for S775 was broken, the retention for s939/AM2 is idiot proof, so it could have been used on AMD system.

andaca

Post by andaca » Wed May 16, 2007 4:58 pm

qviri wrote:This thread isn't going anywhere.

I'm happy for you

+

This thread isn't going anywhere

GTFO?

thanks

andaca

Post by andaca » Wed May 16, 2007 5:05 pm

Erssa wrote:
andaca wrote:1 ) Perfectly good cooler?... How did you arrive to that conclusion? not listening i guess.
It probably would have worked on some other motherboard.
Like derekchinese said, your CPU has 3 years of warranty. Core2 hasn't been here for 3 years. Maybe it's not my listening skills (reading comprehension), but your understanding of how RMA works...
Well it's definately not working anymore. I don't believe the cooler was broken, I think it's much more likely it just wasn't compatible with the motherboard, or that you made an error in installation. Even if the retention system for S775 was broken, the retention for s939/AM2 is idiot proof, so it could have been used on AMD system.
ghezz, i dont believe in extraterrestrial life, i guess we must be alone in the universe.

derekchinese

Post by derekchinese » Wed May 16, 2007 5:15 pm

andaca. Tell those mofo's at the comp store that you don't give a F*** about little scratches. the thing is under warranty so yell at them and make sure they honor it! My core 2 has little scratches on it and its still in the box! Just yell! This is not fair. Do not take no for an answer!!!!!

Keep me posted man!
and order the thermalright ultra 120 extreme!

What are the other computer parts you are using?

Derek

andaca

Post by andaca » Wed May 16, 2007 5:48 pm

derekchinese wrote:andaca. Tell those mofo's at the comp store that you don't give a F*** about little scratches. the thing is under warranty so yell at them and make sure they honor it! My core 2 has little scratches on it and its still in the box! Just yell! This is not fair. Do not take no for an answer!!!!!

Keep me posted man!
and order the thermalright ultra 120 extreme!

What are the other computer parts you are using?

Derek
many thanks derekchinese! . im going to do just that.

other parts

e6600 - glup-

p5b-e c2 ( no errata baby!)

2gb crucial ddr2 800

XFX 8600 GT XXX
+
zalman VF700-Cu

ninja rev b - fuck it-

Zalman/ forton ZM460

S-FLEX SFF21E x2 -good fans. Scythe mad a mistake?

Scythe quiet drive - fuck it-

so thermalright ultra 120... im sure its going to work better than the stock cooler...

thanks again and ill keep you posted Derek !

qviri

Post by qviri » Wed May 16, 2007 5:59 pm

andaca wrote:

I'm happy for you

+

GTFO?

thanks
No problem. Obviously violence made you happier, so I'm happy for whatever works for you. Better to take it out on the heatsink than on some poor innocent people at the store.

That being said, in my opinion it is evident that this thread is not going to go anywhere productive and is severely below the usual SPCR norms of format, courtesy and language.

Any further questions?

samuelmorris

Post by samuelmorris » Wed May 16, 2007 6:17 pm

Although it can't be discounted, I'd say your issue was very unlikely to be a fault with the Ninja. I don't own any Scythe products, but that's not to say I wouldn't happily buy one. it's already been mentioned you can't really run a Ninja outside a case because there's no airflow, and you destroying the heatsink means you can't claim a refund from the shop (retailers are usually obliged to give you a one year warranty, give them hell if they say otherwise) and the E6600 should only have been damaged through handling, they're designed to shut down at high temps, which I'm sure you realise. They probably didn't answer your emails since you probably worded them like this post, in an angry fashion. If you want something done about issues, be polite.

andaca

Post by andaca » Wed May 16, 2007 6:18 pm

qviri wrote:
andaca wrote:

I'm happy for you

+

GTFO?

thanks
No problem. Obviously violence made you happier, so I'm happy for whatever works for you. Better to take it out on the heatsink than on some poor innocent people at the store.

That being said, in my opinion it is evident that this thread is not going to go anywhere productive and is severely below the usual SPCR norms of format, courtesy and language.

Any further questions?
yea, i have a few.

1 ) so been an elitist a*****e is the norm here? i didnt know. Im sorry.

2) instead of been happy / condescendent, why don't you just apply your concentration and clean your fans a little?

http://qviri.net/misc/sh40/IMG_5023_big.jpg
i see, you have a Scythe heatsink there-that explains the sand in your *****-don't worry, is 2 small, its not going to kill your cpu.

and cut that s**t, is blocking your airflow

http://qviri.net/misc/sh40/IMG_5029_big.jpg
thanks

qviri

Post by qviri » Wed May 16, 2007 6:30 pm

andaca wrote:1 ) so been an elitist a*****e is the norm here? i didnt know. Im sorry.
Well, you may want to PM moderators for clarification, but as I understand it being an elitist asshole is considered better than going "BWAAAAAH MY TOYS BROKE I ARE HATE SCYTHE NOW AND GOING TO SAY BAD WORDS IN ALL CAPS AND PICK ON PEOPLE'S SYSTEMS CAUSE THAT'S MATURE AS IS POSTING PICTURES OF STUFF THAT'S SINCE BEEN UPGRADED".

andaca

Post by andaca » Wed May 16, 2007 7:01 pm

qviri wrote:
andaca wrote:1 ) so been an elitist asshole is the norm here? i didnt know. Im sorry.
Well, you may want to PM moderators for clarification, but as I understand it being an elitist asshole is considered better than going "BWAAAAAH MY TOYS BROKE I ARE HATE SCYTHE NOW AND GOING TO SAY BAD WORDS IN ALL CAPS AND PICK ON PEOPLE'S SYSTEMS CAUSE THAT'S MATURE AS IS POSTING PICTURES OF STUFF THAT'S SINCE BEEN UPGRADED".

ba, you are not worth it... believe or not , i'm doing you a favor here.
next time when this shit is your problem, you might care.

just postings some things people seem to forget / not read

1) the motherboard was listed as compatible. NOT TRUE.
( that is misleading advertising)

2) like most people, I had to mod the mounting plate that actually rested on top of the capacitors of the board

3) the retail Intel heatsink works FINE. This shit uses the SAME standard push clip method that when rotated into the correct position and pushed down into the motherboard holes will makes a "click" when fully through.

if this was my fault, the retail intel cooler should display the same horrible temps. guess what?

the intel heatsinks works life a [expletive deleted] charm.

my fault? give me a [expletive deleted] break!

qviri...watch your step [Mod: andaca watch your step.]

Chocolinx

Post by Chocolinx » Wed May 16, 2007 8:03 pm

Hey andaca.

Nice to see you're happy destroying $60 heatsink ;_; What a waste. Hey and did you notice the * beside the "ok" and did you even bother to click the more* button? Seriously. Some people are ignorate these days, and have you even read around the forum for suggestions about this board and cooler? In general everyone knows the Rev. B has problem, so why even bother complaing about it so harshly? If you have the time to shave or destroy bracket/cooler all together why didn't you just put that time into make it the cooler work? Like make your own backplate or sanding it down. Anyway hope you're happy.

andaca

Post by andaca » Wed May 16, 2007 9:11 pm

actually 85$ in my case...

im starting to think people are def here...

why didn't you just put that time into make it the cooler work? Like make your own backplate or sanding it down.

why didn't you just put that time to read my post?

Some people are ignorate these days? ( you mean ignorant...)

yea the more says

"The actual mounting and testing has been arranged in our test lab that the mounting bracket supplied with Ninja PLUS Rev. B CPU Cooler does fit without interfering or touching the components as shown in the below image"

READ MY POST / LOOK AT THE PICS [unnecessary name deleted]. IT CLEARLY TOUCHES THE CAPS

"It seems that some motherboard (particularly LGA775 socket) and the mounting bracket (for LGA775) of Ninja PLUS Rev.B CPU Cooler interrupts the heatsink installation"

NO S**T. THEY WHY THE HELL IS THE P5B-E LISTED AS COMPATIBLE [unnecessary name deleted]?

Disclaimer:Rotation of the mounting bracket dsnt DO [anything].

next.

Moderator sez: You're new around here, and maybe don't realize that people actually try to help. You had a bad experience with a Ninja, as have some others -- but this doesn't justify name calling. That is certainly NOT the way to win friends and influence people. Keep it civil, or this thread is history.