mht or something in Firefox 2?

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

cansan

mht or something in Firefox 2?

Post by cansan » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:36 pm

Hello,

I've been using Firefox 2 for a while now, love it, except for one thing:

I really miss the option of saving web pages as a single file in IE, in .mht format. I still go back to IE to save pages because having it in a single file is just so convenient. I found something called MAF, but it doesn't officially work with 2.0 and I found a version that runs, but it is kind of buggy.

Does anyone know any add-on or something which does the same thing?

lor77

Post by lor77 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:52 pm

Greetings.
Go Bookmarks Tab then Organize Bookmarks then File Tab Export or Import
your saved webpages.
Html Format is generated.
No plug in is needed.

nick705

Post by nick705 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:34 pm

AFAIK there's no direct FF equivalent for MHT files (apart from the buggy MAF format you mentioned), but you can (sort of) work around it by installing the free PrimoPDF driver and then printing a web page to PDF format. It probably won't preserve all the formatting, but all the info should be there and contained within one file.

A much better option for archiving Web pages from within Firefox is the Scrapbook extension - it's a different way of doing things and not quite what you're asking for, but ultimately it's much more powerful and flexible... :)

Matija

Post by Matija » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:31 pm

In version 9, Opera gained the ability to save MHT files, and it seems to work quite well. Just so you know ;)