MAX air flow - 120mm fan - quiet not as important

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

boe

MAX air flow - 120mm fan - quiet not as important

Post by boe » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:14 am

Hello,

I need a 120mm fan that generates the maximum airflow - more important than quietness. Any recommendation?

Thanks

Zinj

It sure ain't quiet, but....

Post by Zinj » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:09 pm

Check out the 120x38mm Delta fans at Sidewinder Computers. Up to 220cfm (Model TFB1212GHE). Mind you the thing draws more power than some video cards (30 watts) and is most definitely not quiet (65db). Can't imagine what you would need all that air for, but your ears.

Z

ronrem

Post by ronrem » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:42 pm

If you need a high RPM Delta.....first off....you are on the wrong site.

You probably want a site about puters that fly around like helicopters or overclocking a CPU until it's drawing 500 w and can roast a chicken in an hour.

Finding a fan that runs at 3000 + rpm and makes the expected noise is really easy. RPM + CFM are----for all practical purposes...related.

It IS possible to have a modern computer that is OVERKILL powerful...yet planned out to be semi-quiet. That's the tricky stuff...planning for efficiency.
Adding more fans..more RPM....that's easy stuff.

Smoken Joe

Post by Smoken Joe » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:50 pm

ronrem wrote:If you need a high RPM Delta.....first off....you are on the wrong site.

You probably want a site about puters that fly around like helicopters or overclocking a CPU until it's drawing 500 w and can roast a chicken in an hour.

Finding a fan that runs at 3000 + rpm and makes the expected noise is really easy. RPM + CFM are----for all practical purposes...related.

It IS possible to have a modern computer that is OVERKILL powerful...yet planned out to be semi-quiet. That's the tricky stuff...planning for efficiency.
Adding more fans..more RPM....that's easy stuff.
For someone that I would assume would prefer to reduce noise pollution you and other here seem to have no problems spewing nasty comments like toxic waste all over this site making it an unpleasant place to visit.

Why not tell him how to get good results without noise or compare the results of two fans one quitet and one noisy so you can steer him to a good fan that does not make unreasonable noise?

No one is going to take you beliefs on faith when you act in such an unreasoned manner.

Bluefront
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Bluefront » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:51 am

Well....you know this is "Silent"PCReview. Anyone who says noise is not important in any context is bound to make SPCR regulars angry.

Smoken Joe

Post by Smoken Joe » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:24 am

Bluefront wrote:Well....you know this is "Silent"PCReview. Anyone who says noise is not important in any context is bound to make SPCR regulars angry.

Questions should never result in a shout down- unless you just want to make everyone that cares about silent look ignorant.

gb115b
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by gb115b » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:56 pm

as an actual reccomendation try looking through the papst series...they can provide good airflow and ramp down nicely if you don't need the extra cfm....

Smoken Joe

Post by Smoken Joe » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:07 pm

Looks like someone edited my earler post or server error. I will repeat.

The panflow series can produce some high airflow and ramp down to low noise levels if you get a good sample. The Sanyo Denki San Ace 109R1212H1011 is good for high pressure but it has some 'chugging' noise even at low speed so it would not be good on the outside of a case.

On the inside of a case with a heatsink like the IX14 where both sides are covered by fins it is inaudible at low speed.

It is not ridiculed to put a high speed fan on just to test the difference in performance is.

And here is the reason I likely got edited here are the rules in question it is a shame no one seems to follow them here to the point I can not tell people to come here are get info. They will shouted down simply for asking a question worded wrong. This is strangely considered acceptable here yet this bashing doesnt even occur in teen gaming forums.

# No bashing - If someone is posting about a question they have or a problem they are experiencing, don't simply tell them they are wrong recommend they try your recommendation. Instead, provide facts or opinions supporting your recommendation, provide positive feedback, and please keep the criticism low. Bashing posts or threads may be deleted without warning, and offenders banned, after ONE warning.

# No personal attacks - These forums are not a place for you to take cheap shots at somebody because he/she did something. Do that some place else (or better yet, get over it). You have been warned. Hopefully, this won't be much of a problem here. Personal attack posts or threads may be deleted without warning, and offenders banned, after ONE warning.

Mike89

Post by Mike89 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:40 pm

Personally I didn't see a thing wrong with ronrem's post. I didn't remotely see it as a "shout down". Why do people get so easily offended (thin skinned) these days at comments that just tell it like it is?

Last time I checked, this forum wasn't call "The Romper Room Forum".