Liar Liar Pants on Fire

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Liar Liar Pants on Fire

Post by aristide1 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:41 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22794451/

So tell us something we don't know.

derekva

Post by derekva » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:52 pm

Yeah, that gives new meaning to a "Well, DUH!" moment.

-D

walle

Post by walle » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:18 pm

Nice to see mainstream media catching up *cough* allowed *cough* to forward information which most people knew about from day one but only awaited confirmation on, I think it’s safe to say, that we live in the most fubar of times regardless of current location :/

Added:

Six years later just doesn't cut it, it's time for you to stop selling yourselves out and start working for *us* and not for the powers that be, Cmon now; we need you so kick it into high gear!!

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:59 pm

Yeah it was rather amazing in the press how all these "different" viewpoints all of a sudden lined up like sheeple to back the president when the war started. I don't think they could have done a better job to become totally subservient if they had been ordered to by the military. All of a sudden it was difficult to believe one was still in America.

Kaleid

Post by Kaleid » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:17 pm

Nothing surprising about this at all, the neocon agenda is based on public deception after all. The press seems to love every war there is... the documentary "War made Easy" points this out rather well. Personally I don't really believe the press is that free...I think there's a lot of "influence" from government.

One way of public deception is through religion

He’d rather talk about sex than God

George Bush built his career on his faith. But his key religious adviser tells of a different man behind the born-again image

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/ ... 255937.ece

NeilBlanchard

Return of the Taliban

Post by NeilBlanchard » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:19 pm

Here's one of the better pieces of journalism I have seen lately:

The Return of the Taliban

There is a link there for the full video -- well worth watching. You will learn a lot more about Pakistan, the Taliban, Al Qaeda, and the US.

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:09 am

Kaleid wrote:George Bush built his career on his faith. But his key religious adviser tells of a different man behind the born-again image
That's about the scariest thing in this country right now, that people actually believe that he has an ounce of integrity when he opens his mouth. How can people be so gullable?

PT Barnum would have more money than Bill Gates if he were alive today. :?