Pre-installing drivers?

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

tehfire

Pre-installing drivers?

Post by tehfire » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:58 pm

Hey everybody,

Just finished building a new computer for my parents using an Antec Minuet 350. For the $110 that I paid for it including the power supply, I would rank it only average. There are some quirks that need to be worked out (the drive bays don't line up very well in the front). Normally this would be fine, but seeing that it's a $100+ case things should be held to a higher standard. The included power supply is great for a media center, should be quiet enough for most uses. A little bit noisier than my Seasonic S12-500, however. Also, the 80mm tri-cool fan included is too noisy, even on low...

anyways...

So I'm shipping the already-built computer to my parents, who already have an HP Laserjet 1018. The drivers for this printer are not included with Vista, so I was wondering - where can I put the drivers I downloaded from HP so they'll automatically be detected and used when my parents first plug the printer into the computer?

Thanks

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:25 am

Hi, you can pre-instal them for your parents following the instructions on this HP page.

No need to have the printer attached from the looks of it.

Pete