Need a free image preview for XP

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Wedge

Need a free image preview for XP

Post by Wedge » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:20 pm

I would like something that provides a thumbnail (or slightly larger) preview of images when I hover the mouse over them as they reside in a folder in Windows XP.

Suggestions?

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:56 am

Hi Wedge, is the standard thumbnail view for individual folders not any good, if so why? (To help find a tailored solution)

If you have that godawefull 'common tasks' bar on the left side running in XP, it will show you a smallish thmbnail. (Tools/Folder Options/General/Tasks/'Show common tasks in folders') If you see no image in the left hand pane, click the double down arrow to the right of 'Details'

Irfanview has a thumbnail thingumy but I haven't used it and don't know if it's what you want. Couple of links on th e site that might help too.

Regards
Pete
:-)

thejamppa
Location: Missing in Finnish wilderness, howling to moon with wolf brethren and walking with brother bears

Post by thejamppa » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:44 pm

Irfanview is great and freeware. I recomend you to at least try it.

Das_Saunamies
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Das_Saunamies » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:40 am

I'm thinking he's more after a shell extension like this. (found an old, freeware version: http://www.dirfile.com/instant_thumbvie ... dition.htm)

Don't use one myself, so don't know what to recommend.

Wedge

Post by Wedge » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:21 pm

Das_Saunamies wrote:I'm thinking he's more after a shell extension like this. (found an old, freeware version: http://www.dirfile.com/instant_thumbvie ... dition.htm)
Bingo! Yes, exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much!!