Is there a way to bookmark your place within a PDF file?

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Wedge

Is there a way to bookmark your place within a PDF file?

Post by Wedge » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:05 am

Do any free PDF readers offer the ability to bookmark your place for viewing at a later date?
Last edited by Wedge on Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vicotnik
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Vicotnik » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:11 am

How do you mean? You could bookmark a URL pointing to a PDF, sure.

edit: Or you mean creating a bookmark inside a PDF, pointing to a specific page? I seem to be able to do that with Foxit Reader.

m0002a

Post by m0002a » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:02 pm

You can create a bookmark that points to a file on your system. If you have the Adobe Reader plugin installed, your browser will display the PDF file. Just go to File, Open, find the file and when it is displayed just bookmark it.

I will tell you that I really, really, dislike (hate) when people create topics with "teaser" subjects. If I ran this forum, I would ban such posts.

Wedge

Post by Wedge » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:45 pm

m0002a wrote: I will tell you that I really, really, dislike (hate) when people create topics with "teaser" subjects. If I ran this forum, I would ban such posts.

Just for you m0002a, i changed the topic title. The truth is...I hate them too, and I do not know why I posted it that way at first. I was in a hurry and was about to head out of town at the time so i guess that's why i did it. Still, it's a stupid reason.

All i am wanting to do is open up my book (PDF format) at the same page I left off. Sometimes it is hard to remember the page number (sometimes I forget to make a mental note to do so).

alphabetbackward

Post by alphabetbackward » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:20 pm

I use Foxit Reader and at default settings, it seems to open at the page I left off at.

Wedge

Post by Wedge » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:28 pm

alphabetbackward wrote:I use Foxit Reader and at default settings, it seems to open at the page I left off at.
Yup, you are correct. Just installed it and it certainly does. Thanks guys.