Large Hadron Collider warps reality! Really!

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

N7SC
Location: Sunny Florida, where dead people vote 3 times in a county they never even lived in!

Large Hadron Collider warps reality! Really!

Post by N7SC » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:45 pm

Even though the LHC had problems right after start-up, its operators still managed to run some protons around the ring several times, and to narrow the beam width. And, as doom-sayers have feared, the huge atom-smashing machine has altered the universe and warped reality.

How else can you explain this, which has occured since the start up of the huge physics experiment: The Tampa Bay Rays have moved to within 2 games of clinching the AL East division crown. Bizzare, and so far beyond any human's ability to comprehend that even Einstein could not grasp it. But, nonetheless, true.

Redzo

Post by Redzo » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:30 pm

I think i speak for all of us here when i say: Stop smoking crack ! It's not good for you..Really

wim

end of the world

Post by wim » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:21 pm

jhhoffma

Post by jhhoffma » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:28 am

Rays with the Division crown?

Ha!!! Next thing you'll tell me is that the Lions fired Matt Millen!!!
wait......WHAT?????

AuraAllan
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by AuraAllan » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:40 am

Al Davis stepped off the throne and Lane Kiffin is now king in Oakland?

Who said that ?!?

N7SC
Location: Sunny Florida, where dead people vote 3 times in a county they never even lived in!

Post by N7SC » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:06 am

This just in:

Fluctuations in the quantum vacuum field, caused by the Large Hadron Collider have caused the appearance of micro or mini black holes, right here on Earth! Further, in an even more bizzare development:

The Rays have clinched the AL East Division Crown! OH MY GOD! WE'RE ALL DOOMED! WHO KNOWS WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT! Could they win the LCS? The World Series? The mind boggles.

Scientists have no explaination for the Rays winning the division title. They say it is just too much "quantum weirdness" for them to understand at our present state of knowlege.

But scientists have noticed at least one instance of the formation of a micro or mini black hole on Earth since the start-up of the LHC. Physicists from CERN, the organization that owns and runs the LHC have reported that the brains of an "experienced" politician, one claimed to be fully qualified and competent to be only a heartbeat away from the US presidency have apparently vanished in to the chaos of a black hole. As evidence they point to an interview of Sarah Palin, by Katie Couric and ask: "Is there any other explaination?"

tehfire

Post by tehfire » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:31 am

Think of this possibility:

The Cubs beating the Rays in the World Series :shock:

Haha funny thread though

KlaymenDK

Post by KlaymenDK » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:44 pm

All I can say is ... check out the LHC webcams.

Here's a page which shows the feeds from cameras 7&8.