Is Mike Married?

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

bussoguy

Is Mike Married?

Post by bussoguy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:54 pm

Having just read for the first time Mike's story on how SPCR came to be, I wondered how he coped with marriage. With kitchens and other rooms of the house devoted to "silent computer testing" seems Mike got away with what my wife certainly wouldn't put up with. Mike you either have a fabulous wife or you not married. LOL

psiu

Post by psiu » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:26 am

LOL. Slightly weird post but funny anyway.

Would be great if "Mrs. MikeC" could give a response about what she's had to go through :lol:

Or maybe just her diary entries while he built the anechoic chamber room :wink:

"Dear Diary,
I think he has gone over the edge. He seems to be building a bunker of some sort. Not sure if I should call the police now, or wait until he becomes a noise vigilante. He recently upgraded my slippers with more foam on the bottom so they wouldn't make any noise. Uhoh, I think he heard the scratching of the pen on the paper! Goodbye for now diary..."

edit:

my wife thinks I'm nuts.
"do you hear that?"
"HEAR WHAT?!"
"that noise"
"THERE IS NO NOISE, YOU'RE OBSESSED"
"sssshhhhhhh"

:oops:

Broadleaf

Post by Broadleaf » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:43 pm

The door of my den has a poster something like this:

Dr. Jekyl is [ ] [ ].
Yes, the good doctor is in, but busy. Please knock gently and wait for him to invite you in.

Dr. Jekyl is [ ] [ ].
Yes, the doctor is in and is very busy. Please knock gently, if you must, and wait.

Dr. Jekyl is [ ] [ ].
The doctor is in and performing a very important experiment. Please go away and try again in 1 hour.

Mr. Hyde is [ ] [ ].
Mr. Hyde is helping the doctor with a very important experiment. Go away and try again tomorrow.

Mr. Hyde is [ ] [ ].
Mr. Hyde is hungry and thirsty. Leave beer and chips and knock gently before going away.

Mr. Hyde is [ ] [ IN ].
Mr. Hyde has not had raw meat recently. DON’T KNOCK. Come right on in.

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:54 am

Hi,

I suggest that you folks (re)read all the old SPCR articles, and comb them for clues...

Broadleaf

Post by Broadleaf » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:26 am

Are you trying to confuzzlate these funsters with facts???

PS: Isn't the WWW great? I can invent a new word for the English language and start the infestation immediately!

spookmineer
Patron of SPCR

Post by spookmineer » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:39 pm

NeilBlanchard wrote:Hi,

I suggest that you folks (re)read all the old SPCR articles, and comb them for clues...
Found a clue (not sure if it was just a figure of speech...):

In the article about the anechoic chamber:
I'd fantasized about building one like an underground bomb shelter beneath the garage and back yard, but that could only remain a fantasy for all kinds of reasons — not least of which was a guaranteed divorce!
Source: An Anechoic Chamber for SPCR - page 4

I'd say he's married.

[If not, I will reconversify this post - and urge you not to google for that word, because the English language will have gained yet another useless word]

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:23 pm

Hi,

Going from memory, I think Mike mentioned his spouse in a review of an audio item (speakers?), and I could have sworn there were others -- and you found one of 'em. :)

spookmineer
Patron of SPCR

Post by spookmineer » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:30 pm

Sheer luck. I was re-reading the article just last week because in another forum, someone asked about anechoic chambers.

So... what did I win...? :wink:

frenchie
Friend of SPCR

Post by frenchie » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:11 am

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article287-page4.html
I arranged to have my wife switch back and forth between the two sources with the same piece of music while I listened out of sight of the controls; I could not consistently identify which was which.

JamieG

Post by JamieG » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:30 am

Or you could just *ahem* cheat with a little Google-fu.