Anyone else having stutter probs. with YouTube?

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Greg F.

Anyone else having stutter probs. with YouTube?

Post by Greg F. » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:50 pm

I can watch Jaman.com movies without interruption and Hulu shows the same. I can watch MSNBC or CNN videos without interruption.
But whenever I try to watch YoutTube it is really slow. In fact I can't watch much of anything on Youtube. If there is something I want to watch, and likely keep, I just download with Savevid.com and then watch it. It never used to be like this for me. I can't think of what I changed.
I have a nominal 3mb from Embarq that I pay US$67 per month including landline. I only use the landline for this DSL. I sometimes get nearly 3mb and sometimes 2.2 or 2.4. But that doesn't make any difference.
I have a TF8200 with a Brisbane 4000x2. I wonder. The progress bar on YouTube just crawls. It can't stay ahead of the little button that indicates where you are in playback, HD or not HD.

Matija

Post by Matija » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:53 pm

Is that on all clips, or just random ones? Because I get the latter as well.

Greg F.

Post by Greg F. » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:10 am

It's worse on some than others, but none of them load like they use to. A few take right off and I can watch them. I Binged it and found many with same complaint, but no consensus.
I am convinced it is a YouTube problem as Reuters, MSNBC, and others all load fine. Why more don't complain I don't know. I have a newer, three month old, modem/router so I wasn't sure if that was the problem. Maybe it is a combination of factors.

Matija

Post by Matija » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:01 pm

It's probably YouTube. I don't get much stuttering, but they load extremely slowly and can barely stay ahead of the progress bar...

blackworx
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by blackworx » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:22 pm

Had a problem for a few days last week where playback would stop for no reason, even though there was plenty buffered. Only way to get it to start again was to move the progress slider. But yeah I don't think there's ever been a time when YouTube actually worked properly for more than a few weeks for me. Just as well I'm not that interested in videos of other people's cats. :P