The Off Topic PC case

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

I think this PC case ...

looks good
26%
seems too small
21%
seems too big
37%
has the wrong color
5%
looks ugly
5%
is too light
5%
is too heavy
No votes

Total votes: 19

Cov

The Off Topic PC case

Post by Cov » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:35 pm

Hi, this PC case is off topic ...

• Color silver
    Size SFF µATX PC case
    PSU full ATX not included
    Material aluminium front, 1.5 mm aluminium chassis
    Fan bays 3 x 80 mm (1 included and space for 2 more)
    Drive bays 2 x 5,25" (with covers) and 2 x 3,5"
    Front 4 x USB, 1 x FireWire, 2 x 3,5mm socket audio (headphone) and microphone
    Back 4 x slots
    Dimensions 263 mm (W) x 216 mm (H) x 393 mm (D)
    LED blue, power and HDD
    Weight 3 kg

spookmineer
Patron of SPCR

Post by spookmineer » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:18 pm

If a bit differently designed, housing 4x HD and only 1x 120 mm fan, I would be interested in using this as a NAS. I voted "too small", but nice looking case.

Riffer

Post by Riffer » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:17 pm

I like it, but would prefer an eSATA port rather than the Audio or firewire ports. It looks like there is the ability to change them somehow.

JamieG

Post by JamieG » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:59 pm

Looking at this case kinda makes me wish Silverstone made an mATX version of the Sugo-05 and Sugo-06, with not so much depth as this case, but still keeping the front fan idea.

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:45 am

Typically I buy a case so when I change or add something I don't have to move 17 other items in the process, ergo I vote too small.

I suppose for HT it may actually be too big. I wouldn't know, HT is a low priority for me. Give me a nice progressive scan DVD player and a decent size screen and I'm done.

cordis

have it in black

Post by cordis » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:23 pm

I have this case in black, the silver looks a little classier, I suppose it depends on where you're going to have it. I did a bunch of mods on mine to fit in a big gtx 285 graphics card with an aftermarket heat sink, with that combo it stays really cool. Although to pull it off you have to take the lower disk try and shuffle it off to the side, and lose the fan there. It really depends on what you're going to do with it, as to how appropriate it is. I know that compared to another micro-ATX case I have, this one gets a lot better airflow and stays cooler. It is a little bit tricky though, this case has the power supply directly over the cpu socket, so you'll need a fairly low height cpu cooler. You do get some empty space over the slots though, so a higher power video card can be done. I'm pretty sure it's mostly steel (or mine is, anyway) so it's fairly solid noise wise. There isn't much space to suspend hard drives if you want to do that, but if you take out the hdd tray in the front you should be able to put them on foam or velcro if you like, and there's the 5.25 bays you can work with too.

All in all, it's a fine little case. But it depends on what you want to do with it. I would recommend a low power cpu, but other components can be flexible. So why is this off topic, anyway?

Olle P

Post by Olle P » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:47 pm

My opinion depends on the intended use...
For a simple HTPC acting 100% media player/recorder it's fine, but possibly the wrong colour to match the room decoration.

Cheers
Olle