Another encounter with Mr. Murphy

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

thejamppa
Location: Missing in Finnish wilderness, howling to moon with wolf brethren and walking with brother bears

Another encounter with Mr. Murphy

Post by thejamppa » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:56 am

Mr Murphy and his law are close acquaintance of mine. Today I had interesting misfortune happened. I have in my game rig bitumen coated roof and I placed a CCF inverte there via self adhessive velcro piece. Today the inverted dropped and made "Tarzan's" by hanging on the cord and knocked in my HDD's sata connector.

This caused my connector dislodge bit and with following results:
Random forzes and hic-ups in game with increasing number. Windows own diagnosed gave several sectors "unable to read" and similar which indicate bad sectors.

After 4 hours of work with diagnose tools and HDD repair tools I've manage to get Win 7 work nicely know and I hope I can make the Win Xp work too. I do hope that data corruption in HDD sectors are not permanent bad sectors but can be repaired cia XP installation or similar.

*sighs* and it was 6 months old WD 640 Black... I perhaps need to buy another HDD just in case and re-install XP and Win 7 and all softwares in my game rig again...

Oh, how joyful... I wonder how Mr Murphy wills urprise me next time.

p.s. I learned how valuable sata cables with locks are....

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:47 pm

There's a reason it's called Murphy's law and not Murphy's exception.

He's quite a swine doggy, isn't he?

thejamppa
Location: Missing in Finnish wilderness, howling to moon with wolf brethren and walking with brother bears

Post by thejamppa » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:08 am

He is, with very twisted sense of humor I might say