new new england: no new england

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

colm

new new england: no new england

Post by colm » Tue May 11, 2010 8:06 pm

I was playing with google. I knew the st.lawrence fed the st.john (northern maine) and silently, as river de loup is quebec, canada..
I then found hudson river, new york is also st.lawrence..but they called it the hudson.. I then found a tributary of of the st.john, goes though maine, makes new hampshire/vermont border before splitting massachussetts and connecticut in half. Techinically that is 3 islands..ocean/seaway/river created. No borders foolow each split correctly..

So. Here is a simple fix to make geography simple. Just need to take this to president obama. :wink:

Funny enough, many humans live by nature..via geography subconsciously.
I have lived on the eastern shore of the connecticut river... and never west of it. Mass, ct, RI, NH, and maine... lived in all of them.
The sink hole in quebec.. yikes. How big is the st.lawrence gonna get in a short time? It has been a thought of mine randomly.

EDIT: in a hurry, I forgot the deletion of vermont. No biggie. Nobody notices it anyway. :roll:

swivelguy2

Post by swivelguy2 » Tue May 11, 2010 9:58 pm

You must be quite the conservative, to want to slash 10 democratic senators in one fell swoop. :)

Fayd

Post by Fayd » Tue May 11, 2010 11:05 pm

swivelguy2 wrote:You must be quite the conservative, to want to slash 10 democratic senators in one fell swoop. :)
fine with me :P

xan_user
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by xan_user » Wed May 12, 2010 5:11 am

swivelguy2 wrote:You must be quite the conservative, to want to slash 10 democratic senators in one fell swoop. :)
Just so long as we give Texas and Arizona back to Mexico (they can also take Utah, Florida, Oklahoma and San Diego county too.)

-colm, check out how close the headwaters of the Mississippi is to the great lakes. You could almost sail all the way around the eastern US.