Re-Regulating the Internet in America

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

psyopper
Friend of SPCR

Re-Regulating the Internet in America

Post by psyopper » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:08 pm

psyopper
Friend of SPCR

Post by psyopper » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:10 pm

Normally I wouldn't open one of these threads up, but this response struck me because it's similar to what I have said in several threads here. And no, it's not me, my Disquss ID is psyopper.
Posted by: stoffer | 06/24/10 | 7:00 pm |

I would like to mention one important think that no one seems to realize. The role of the ISPs is NOT to provide broadband Internet access. The role of the ISPs is to deliver profit to the shareholders. That’s how our modern economy works. Thinking that service providers exist to provide service and manufacturers exist to manufacture is merely a misconception and that is an old fashioned, obsolete way of thinking.

Of course, our stocks and shareholders driven economy will drive us to a disaster, but as long as it rolls the only way to make living is to follow it and push it further into disaster.

Wibla
Friend of SPCR

Post by Wibla » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:35 pm

I'm not surprised at what direction this is taking in the US. Corporate America is all about profit, nothing else.

colm

Post by colm » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:20 am

that story sucked. most bloggers do.
:roll:

google does not have an engine that works, it has a socilaist group allowing it. try looking up a photo of the only benz crank flat six on earth.. uh oh. not popular enough...

wikipedia still thinks a v10 engine is correct at 36 degrees, further killing us with idiot.

forums related to specific subjects can't even tell it like it is.

I keep my own blog private so it doesn't get flagged.

My last chat on the internet was with a relative over 800 days ago (according to steam games)

the caches for forums rewind in many places. It happens between may and july...just when the physics of this disaster of hertz pounding a freq into everything shoud be the strongest.

I was reading up on the rioters beliefs at the g-8 g20 summit. holy cow. they aren't even wrong. The riot is..but the think is not. What else is the poor millions against the board room gonna do?

lets just all blog passively pretending to be the real soverignty and mind of the united states of america... until a real hitlerian with a real army just opens a can of whoppass like north korea does with h-bombs. :shock:

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:24 am

Re-regulate? When did the first time happen?

I don't see competition here anymore than cable TV.

Free access as the local library, here I come.
Wibla wrote:I'm not surprised at what direction this is taking in the US. Corporate America is all about profit, nothing else.
Once open markets are up and working the US won't have a corner on this market.