2-pins S/PDIF, where to plug it on the sound card?

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

RaptorZX3

2-pins S/PDIF, where to plug it on the sound card?

Post by RaptorZX3 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:56 pm

ok i got my two 2-pins SPDIF cables from eVGA (they were generous enough to provide them to me, since the cables didn't came with my eVGA video cards (Geforce 9600GT and Geforce GTS 250).

So i've been wondering...i have a XtremeGamer PCI, and by looking at this picture:

The pin 7 and 9...where are they located exactly? on the PCI connectors side? or on the most end of the card?

For now what i did is connect that cable on the last pins on the computer cover side.

BlackWhizz

Post by BlackWhizz » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:59 pm

Dont have the card myself but it seems that is the connection for the flatcable to the audigy 5.25" bay. Maybe you can find that in a manual (u can find that online).

RaptorZX3

Post by RaptorZX3 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:04 am

hmm i decided to try it after a while...and yes it was on the inside part of the card, the pin 7 and 9 are the ones near the main board, not on the most outside part of the sound card.

Now i can hear the sound coming from my TV, but i don't have control on the sound volume from my computer, only with the TV remote :lol: