Quick question...

They make noise, too.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Memony

Quick question...

Post by Memony » Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:49 am

... Has anyone got an MSI 9800Pro Link here, and more importantly does the VGA Silencer fit the thing?? I am not sure as the fitted HS is a bit of a beast and I am not sure if it is 'standard'. It is cheap, and with a near guarantee of a r360 core :wink:

hightower

Post by hightower » Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:42 am

VGA silencer rev 3 *should* fit... or check Zalman out but they're not easy to install.

Memony

Post by Memony » Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:15 am

I may just give it a go, it is only £7 afterall.

Does anyone know what are the stock hsf noise levels on this card like, I see a GPU Fan power connector included under 'product accessories' does this come with the card? looks like molex, that I could hook easily up to my controller.

Memony

Post by Memony » Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:00 am

Hmm.... well....

The card is great, very quick and an r360 to boot :twisted:

Arctic vga silencer will no problem fit, what it wont do is plug into the *£$£*££ fan controller!!!

On board is a 3pin socket, on the fan is a 2-pin plug. is there a converter I can grab a hold of from anywhere, or some other way of doing this apart from ripping plugs off - a fiddly job at the best of times but with tiny 2pin plugs!!! - invalidating warranties etc...

I really could do with the silencer as the exhaust is a good thing given my case is quite toasty!!

ChrisH
Friend of SPCR

Post by ChrisH » Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:40 am

The 2-pin plug should fit on the 3-pin plug on the video card. You just need to figure out which two pins give the proper connection. Do you still have the original fan? If so, try to see how the wires are arranged. I don't know what color wires are used, but most of the time you'll have a red for the + lead and a black for the ground.

HTH

Memony

Post by Memony » Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:04 am

No problem, I have found one :D

Almost! it is acutally a 2pin femal to 3-pin (mobo type) male, should hook up nicely to my mfc01 so I don't have to mess around with the plug at the back.

For info, the stock fan uses the outer two pins of the plug, very different in size, I could chop and change, but at £1.50 I'll buy a nice plug :)