7800 Stock Cooler dead quiet

They make noise, too.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Edward Ng
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Edward Ng » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:02 pm

Oh I'm just a greedy bastard. I want my 1280x960 with 16X aniso and 8X FSAA at butter-smooth framerates. :lol:

-Ed

Shadowknight

Post by Shadowknight » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:09 pm

Not very greedy if you're spending all that cash :wink:

Edward Ng
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Edward Ng » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:13 pm

Off-topic: Actually you're probably more right than is good for me; you don't want to know how much I've blown on my new car since I got it a couple months ago. :shock:

I love that thing so much though! :twisted:

-Ed

Wedge

Post by Wedge » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:04 pm

Shining Arcanine wrote: Speaking of eVGA, I plan to get an eVGA Geforce 7800 GTX next year (for several reasons, in order of most important to least important: they're american, they strictly follow the nVidia reference design, they have excellent customer support from what I understand, they have a lifetime warranty, etc) so I'm sure you'll be happy with the eVGA.
Good info, Arcanine, thanks. Been scoping eVGA cards for a while now. I never knew of the lifetime warranty. Also, didn't know they were American. The chips aren't made in the U.S. though, correct? You were just speaking of the manufacture of the card - the final product?

rei

Post by rei » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:08 pm

they're all in asia/china/taiwan with usa subsidiaries.

evga/bfg (pine)/xfx just have a large retail presence in north america/usa with support staff to back it up along with replacement policies.

IonYz

Post by IonYz » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:54 pm

What I mean by reference, I mean mostly the coolers. With the exception of the eVGA K.O. and this ASUS 7800GTX TOP the rest look nearly identical. So the vast majority are sticking with the reference cooling solution. Thats what I'm saying.

Yeah I've been the to the eVGA Forums, looks like you have good contact with support staff. Its a $500+ card, I'd like the best, warranty-covered, cooling solution there can be. It appears the ASUS has this but doesn't have the lifetime warranty (probably voided by swapping heatsinks), the support forums, and their cards are much thicker. which has me worries because the PCI-E slots are very close on my Gigabyte board.