Where to get Accelero S1 VRAM heatsinks

They make noise, too.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

sochee

Where to get Accelero S1 VRAM heatsinks

Post by sochee » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:57 pm

I'm talking about the new ones supposedly packaged in after May for the HD 4850/70. I just bought an S1 rev.2 3 days ago and it does not have the right heatsinks, card shuts off without any heatsink on it (old ones don't stick). Sitting here desperate for them, emailed AC and got the very nice reply "We have tested and the card works flawlessly without VRAM heatsinks". Yeah okay, apparently passively cooling a part that 250W gets passed through is just fine. Anyway, anyone know where to buy these?

thejamppa
Location: Missing in Finnish wilderness, howling to moon with wolf brethren and walking with brother bears

Post by thejamppa » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:46 am

Mostly peoples use bunch of ram heatsinks they set on power components. Just separate aluminium ram sinks with adhassive tape are enough. Zalman sells separately its ram sinks. Thise are one option. Enzotech has forged copper ram sinks low and high profile, those can also be used.

aztec

Post by aztec » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:08 am

the Thermaltake RAMsinks are pretty low, and copper. Only thing is, you wil need to remove the adhesive and use some fragtape. The adhesive on those things suck. Plus, they are hard to find.

The Enzotech sinks are the best I've ever used, though I'm not sure even the low-profile would fit.

These would probably fit.

http://www.petrastechshop.com/pedism.html

Either way, and if the Enzos do fit, get them at Petras. Great shop!

sochee

Post by sochee » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:27 am

Had to do with a fast solution, so ran to Micro Center this morning and got the Zalman set. The only other thing they had was really tall Swiftech ones, decided I needed the lowest I could find. Zalman ones fit, cept the VRM chips are so small that it's hard to get the heatsinks to stick. Then the plastic clips from the cooler warped my board :(

edit: Removed the clips since a lot of reviews said they were worthless, so now my card is straight again :) thanks for the suggestions guys.

thejamppa
Location: Missing in Finnish wilderness, howling to moon with wolf brethren and walking with brother bears

Post by thejamppa » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:25 pm

You're very welcome. Enjoy your new, silent modded card ^^

Aelek

Post by Aelek » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:20 pm

Would someone who has done this (4870 +s1 +extra heatsinks) that works reliably after the "mod" post a couple of good pics so the lesser (or slower any way) gods know where to stick heatsinks?

Aelek

thejamppa

Post by thejamppa » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:13 am

Aelek wrote:Would someone who has done this (4870 +s1 +extra heatsinks) that works reliably after the "mod" post a couple of good pics so the lesser (or slower any way) gods know where to stick heatsinks?

Aelek
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/ha ... ew-21.html

There, you should be see where the heatsinks come pretty easily.

nafets

Post by nafets » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:58 am

Last edited by nafets on Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aelek

Post by Aelek » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:44 am

thx for the links mates

Aelek

Aelek

Post by Aelek » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:51 am

for everyones information.

New S1's come with heatsinks included. These seem to work just fine although you will probably have to file one down a bit to make it fit under the "main cooler"

Aelek