lowest temperature gpu

They make noise, too.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Max Dread

Post by Max Dread » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:09 am

I've posted asking for something like this on other forums and have had no luck. Very very useful.

Many thanks mate

Max

gopherbob

Post by gopherbob » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:53 pm

Welll it looks like that 9600gt I ordered this morning seems to do well on those charts.

PS I ended up getting one of those Palit 1gb 9600gt Sonic cards... yea the 1gb might be overkill but with the onboard hdmi, displayport, 2xdvi, a touch of OC and a slight boost on mem speeds seems pretty good for 150.

I'm not really a gamer and just like having a good card. I do enjoy games and im sure the first week or two will be primarily playing games on it testing out the waters but then stricktly school, business and media.

Also grabbed some Mushkin 4gb(2x2gb) ddr2 800.... do you ever have that feeling that you would like to have a particular favorite brand without even ever trying their product? Well this mushkin memory I just read about in the past few weeks has made me feel that way. Hopefully the product can deliver.

I wish they would just let a graphics card roast itself once a review is over and see how hot it gets.

PeterL
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by PeterL » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:54 am

[quote="QuietOC"][url=http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/forums.asp? ... t=9354&p=0]Compilation of video card power usage numbers.[/url][/quote]

Hi,

First of all, very interesting thread. I'm working on the conceptual level to get my system back to quiet again (read: no money, just reading up). The website above confirms that swapping my X700Pro card with its whining fan for the fanless EAH3650 that was reviewed on SPCR, would be a good idea. Then I just need to swap my noisy Antec tri-speed case fan for a Nexus and add an intake Nexus fan and I should be okay. Next step would be to buy sheets of thick (2mm ?) rubber to use as sides for a home built rubber drive cage.

Thanks for the info !

Peter.