HR-03 GTX

They make noise, too.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

akromatic

HR-03 GTX

Post by akromatic » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:58 am

this cooler is out, just wondering if anyone got it yet and did some tests with it, eg if its possible to run it passive with good air flow

mattyc

Post by mattyc » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:16 am

Been waiting ages for this cooler, i think it was due out early september but it got pulled for some unknown reason. It is due to be re-released but not sure when. Is there anyone else working on a gtx260/280 cooler anyone know??

walle

Post by walle » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:42 am

mattyc wrote:Been waiting ages for this cooler, i think it was due out early september but it got pulled for some unknown reason.
They pulled it due to overheating issues on the VRAM's when running Furmark, the first design couldn’t handle the heat on the VRAM's and the cards would as a result shut down, they simply had to go back to the drawing board coming up with a new design; seems like the pulled it of since its now available.

:)

mattyc

Post by mattyc » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:11 pm

walle wrote:
mattyc wrote:Been waiting ages for this cooler, i think it was due out early september but it got pulled for some unknown reason.
They pulled it due to overheating issues on the VRAM's when running Furmark, the first design couldn’t handle the heat on the VRAM's and the cards would as a result shut down, they simply had to go back to the drawing board coming up with a new design; seems like the pulled it of since its now available.

:)
Where is it available to buy?? Im desperate!!

walle

Post by walle » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:00 pm

mattyc wrote:Where is it available to buy?? Im desperate!!
A German retailer might have it, either that or order it from the States I guess. The T-rad is also out but I have yet to see it over here though I know that a numerous of German retailers stores it, same thing with the latest Silverstone case (the Fortress), none over here; the last time I checked anyway.

I actually haven't been looking for it since I'm currently using ATI.

akromatic

Post by akromatic » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:26 pm

im desperate for a GTX280 cooler that doesnt take more then 3PCI slots including fan unless it is capable of passive cooling

HR03 is so matx unfriendly

LiquidRain

Post by LiquidRain » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:05 pm

Is there any more news on this? It shows unavailable everywhere except Anitec, where it's out of stock/on backorder. End PC Noise, NCIX, and Newegg.ca only have the regular HR-03s.

I, too, am desperate for something to cool my GTX 260 silently. Even if it costs 3 PCI slots, I can afford to lose 'em. Almost makes me wish I never stepped up to it - I could have had an aftermarket cooled 9800 GTX by now. :(

mentawl

Post by mentawl » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:35 pm

It won't take 3 PCI slots if you use it wrap-around style - that often works even with a Ninja or similar on the CPU. Just gotta make sure to have a case intake fan or something cooling the frontside of the card.

LiquidRain

Post by LiquidRain » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:15 pm

mentawl wrote:It won't take 3 PCI slots if you use it wrap-around style - that often works even with a Ninja or similar on the CPU. Just gotta make sure to have a case intake fan or something cooling the frontside of the card.
The cooler I have (Zalman 9700) with the motherboard I have doesn't give me the space to wrap-around, so it will take up 3 PCI slots, but as I said I have that room.

What's more important is the availability, or lack thereof, of the HR-03 GTX.

akromatic

Post by akromatic » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:24 pm

the sad part is that im using a SG03 case that kinda requires you to use the NT06 cooler which means no wrap around for me

with the HR03-GTX taking up 3 PCI slots(without fan), thats all my PCI slots available(since most mATX boards have their PCIe 16x on the second slot) and i cant install a fan

im just praying that the front intake fans would be good enough to cool the HR03-GTX passively on a GTX280

LiquidRain

Post by LiquidRain » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:12 pm

akromatic wrote:the sad part is that im using a SG03 case that kinda requires you to use the NT06 cooler which means no wrap around for me

with the HR03-GTX taking up 3 PCI slots(without fan), thats all my PCI slots available(since most mATX boards have their PCIe 16x on the second slot) and i cant install a fan

im just praying that the front intake fans would be good enough to cool the HR03-GTX passively on a GTX280
I doubt it - Thermaltake's preview page itself says that a 120mm is required in conjunction with this heatsink for either the 260 or 280. I'd believe it.

akromatic

Post by akromatic » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:28 am

LiquidRain wrote: I doubt it - Thermaltake's preview page itself says that a 120mm is required in conjunction with this heatsink for either the 260 or 280. I'd believe it.
hmm any idea how can i squeeze a fan in? and does it have to be a 120mm? perhaps i can get away with a scythe kaze jyu(slim)

LiquidRain

Post by LiquidRain » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:05 pm

akromatic wrote:hmm any idea how can i squeeze a fan in? and does it have to be a 120mm? perhaps i can get away with a scythe kaze jyu(slim)
I have no idea - the product hasn't been released! :(