Thermalright T-Rad2 review at legitreviews

They make noise, too.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

xev

Thermalright T-Rad2 review at legitreviews

Post by xev » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:54 pm

This is the most important page. http://www.legitreviews.com/article/822/6/

Although I dont know if they used the same fan when testing the S1 and the T-Rad, it looks like S1 is still the king ( and much cheaper).

Nick Geraedts
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Nick Geraedts » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:49 pm

The differences are probably marginal, and the key factor here is that both do a much better job than the stock cooler.

However, there is one department where the TRad wins outright - size. Anyone who's had to make a dual video card setup using the S1 can attest to the difficulties involved. Either you need video cards that can deal with passive cooling, or you can't use the S1. Match the Trad with a couple of slow 100x100x12mm fans and you're good to go in just about any situation.

Metaluna

Post by Metaluna » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:21 am

Has it been confirmed that 100x12mm fans will fit on the T-Rad? From the pictures I've seen, the 2x92mm configuration doesn't appear to leave much space between the fans, at least if you want to use the stock mounting holes.

Nick Geraedts
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Nick Geraedts » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:41 pm

I remember seeing someone use these fans on the T-Rad2 somewhere... but I can't seem to find the link. Even if you couldn't screw them in, you'd probably be able to use the stock mounting holes in conjunction with a few zip-ties. ;)

burebista

Post by burebista » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:49 am

Nick Geraedts wrote:I remember seeing someone use these fans on the T-Rad2 somewhere... but I can't seem to find the link.
Here. :)

Olle P

Post by Olle P » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:37 am

Nick Geraedts wrote:However, there is one department where the TRad wins outright - size.
... And Accelero S1 win in terms of cost. Less than half the price of the TRad. Fitting any fan of your choice doesn't seem too difficult either, provided you have the space.

Cheers
Olle

Nick Geraedts
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Nick Geraedts » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:28 pm

Olle P wrote:... And Accelero S1 win in terms of cost. Less than half the price of the TRad. Fitting any fan of your choice doesn't seem too difficult either, provided you have the space.
The key part there is "provided you have the space." Yes, you're right. The S1 does win in terms of price (I use both the S1 and the S2 in various systems), but in some scenarios, shelling out the money for the T-Rad2 might be worth it. My system simply doesn't have space for a fan on the S1. I'm lucky that I can get away with cooling the ATI 4850 passively, but if I had a 4870 (which I was considering), I'd probably have bought a T-Rad (possibly a Twin Turbo) to go along with it instead of the S1.