gtx200 cooler that fits SG03

They make noise, too.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

akromatic

gtx200 cooler that fits SG03

Post by akromatic » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:32 pm

just wondering if the accelero gtx extreme or the HR03 GTX would fit in an SG03 case on a GTX 260 and if so what are the conditions to make it fit

edh

Post by edh » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:40 am

I think the Accelero 'Xtreme' [shudders] is going to be quite tight I have an Accelero S1 in an SG03 and there's <40mm to the fan that I've got at the front. The Xtreme is around 30mm longer so the gap is going to be fairly small. In addition, the Xtreme doesn't sound like a good match for the airflow in an SG03. The fins run across the card rather than along it and hence airflow from the front won't be much of a help. You might instead be able to use an S1 in this position with a decent amount of airflow coming at it from the front. So long as you're going for a 55nm 260GTX this should work.

The HR03 GT (not the GTX, that's for 8800 cards) would be OK lengthwise but it's a 3 slot card without a fan. I don't think it'll fit in an SG03 case.

akromatic

Post by akromatic » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:38 pm

well ignoring air flow, i doubt i'd be able to even place a fan on the lower half of the double 120mm grill after using the "xtreme" on a GTX260. the main thing is that if it even fits in the case besides the "xtreme" has its own fans to pull air through it.

im not sure the S1 would even fit in a 55nm GTX, note the different mounting holes and i might not even be able to tell which version the GTX260 that i would be getting

well if the HR03 fits length wise and width wise then i wont have issues with it because im intending to get the asus rampage II gene with the case

i would perfer if the accelero would fit as its a cheaper option and i have a spare pci slot left rather then filling all 4 of my slots