Anyone using a T3-M2NC51PV or seen a review.

Info & chat about quiet prebuilt, small form factor and barebones systems, people's experiences with vendors thereof, etc.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

dppa

Anyone using a T3-M2NC51PV or seen a review.

Post by dppa » Wed May 02, 2007 11:13 am

Hello,

I'm looking to build a SFF PC and this system is quit cheap compare to the Shuttle systems (more than twice the price).

I would combine it with a 65W X2 CPU and 7600GS or something more powerfull (7600GT,7900GS or 8600GT) which all consume not a lot of power.

The only problem is I can't find any review compare how quiet it is and if it's possible to fit these graphic-cards.

Other options are building a µAtx- using the Antec NSK1300 of by the Shuttle SN27P2 or SD39P2 (intel).

regards,
Pascal.

dppa

Post by dppa » Wed May 02, 2007 11:15 am

grosskur

Post by grosskur » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:25 am

Did you end up getting this system? I'm thinking of getting one myself and I'm interested to know how quiet it is.

QuietOC

Post by QuietOC » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:59 am

grosskur wrote:Did you end up getting this system? I'm thinking of getting one myself and I'm interested to know how quiet it is.
I just bought one of these. I am currently assembling it.

I built a SIS-based S754 ASUS T2 a few years ago that has been working very well for my mother-in-law. This looks to be a nice improvement over that, other than being slightly larger.

Anyway, here's my thoughts.

Full-size ATX power supply. Includes a 250W unit with a 120mm fan. I will probably be swapping this for something else.

Plenty of room for a Scythe Ninja for the CPU if part of the hard drive bracket is removed. Unfortunately ASUS used a unique hole mount for their included cooler, so a custom bracket would have to be made to mount any other heatsink. The included heat pipe heatsink is dinky, and ducted with a 80mm fan at the front of the case.

Lots of room for a large heatsink on a PCIe video card. Cards with dual slot coolers will probably need their rear brackets modified to fit.

Case has about an inch of wasted space at the top, like it was designed for a motherboard with four expansion slots. A standard micro-ATX board won't fit because the bracket for the optical drive and of course there are no standard ATX riser locations.