Ultra Micro Fly

Info & chat about quiet prebuilt, small form factor and barebones systems, people's experiences with vendors thereof, etc.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Steeeeve

Ultra Micro Fly

Post by Steeeeve » Sat May 06, 2006 9:09 am

There is a new SFF case coming...looks simliar to the qpack but its by Ultra (the makers of the X2 and orginal x-connect).

I have a review over at my site http://www.sffclub.com
The "sound" page on that should be interesting to SPCR folks.

Here is the exact link to the review

*NOTE* This thing is not 56k friendly...I have the "large" images preload so you can click on them easier....this makes it take forever to load if you have a slow connection.

Also, before someone starts hassling me about "advertising"...I'm not. In fact, I'll give the review to SPCR if it makes you feel better. I am just trying to get news out about small form factors cause I like 'um :).

Bluefront
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Bluefront » Sat May 06, 2006 11:35 am

You're right Steeeeve.....poor me with my 56k modem could not get a single picture to load, even though I read the whole article. Why would you design a site with such large pictures in a review?

Maybe I missed it.....but how thick is the aluminum in the chassis and sides? The XQpack has a reputation of being flimsy. Is this case any different in that respect?

Steeeeve

Post by Steeeeve » Sat May 06, 2006 12:18 pm

yeah, I am debating whether it was a good idea or not...the large photos preloaded makes it easier for you to "click to enlarge" but makes it hard for 56k viewers.

I will probably make two reviews in the future...one for 56k and one for faster connections :)

The construction is roughly the same as the Qpack but feels a little more sturdy thanks to the three side panels

Kung Fu Hung-Su

Post by Kung Fu Hung-Su » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:24 pm

This case looks extremely promising, but I've talked to quite a few retailers here in Australia and none of them are bringing it in =(

Filias Cupio

Post by Filias Cupio » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:51 pm

On your cases summary page, do you think you could include volume as well as weight? It is hard to get a quick feel for how big these cases are.

Steeeeve

Post by Steeeeve » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:44 am

I'll look into doing that. The website needs a lot of work and it is year end at my real job ;)