New Pump CSP750 lauded for low noise

The alternative to direct air cooling

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Edward Ng
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Edward Ng » Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:06 pm

Actually with help from HammerSandwich, I've got a 10 pack of said fittings coming in from McMaster-Carr for the pumps; they appear to be the best solution overall; I'll pick up some teflon tape from Home Depot to deal with places that need it.

Well, even when the system was half working and half not (I'd say only partially bled out with living slime gunk in the line would qualify as such), I was seeing an over 10C reduction in load temp for my 6800 GT using the NV-68 block (I did manage to run the system for a couple days before I noticed mother nature intruding on my fun). On stock air cooling (mind you, I had reTIMmed my GT the day I got it), I was hitting 85C on load; the highest figure I ever saw from my GT with the gimpy water cooling was only 71C. At idle it was hovering around 61C (I can't remember my idle with the stock air cooler, but it may have been similar). Keep in mind that my GPU now runs 425 perfectly fine and in fact when the system is just turned on and the water hasn't had time to heat up majorly yet, I've been able to run the GPU as high as 435 rock solid. Before water, the best I could do was 417; anything higher resulted in the usual, "intermittent freezing," that occurs with excessively overclocked nVIDIA GPUs. With water, I couldn't manage to get freezing until I ran it at 440.

I am on a business trip to Florida tomorrow until Thursday; hopefully I will have all the replacement items I ordered in before the weekend, so I have the weekend to work on getting it all up and running once again.

-Ed

PS And thanks for the tips. I can use all the help I can get at this point.

HammerSandwich
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by HammerSandwich » Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:56 pm

As I posted in Ed's other thread, DTEK is now taking preorders for the CSP-750 Mark II.

Edward Ng
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Edward Ng » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:11 pm

My preorder has been placed for a couple days now; they have an estimated ETA of a couple weeks on the Mark IIs.