Building WC rig...

The alternative to direct air cooling

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

zoob
*Lifetime Patron*

Building WC rig...

Post by zoob » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:43 pm

Hi there.

I'm trying to layout my first watercooling loop, and am having trouble with placement.

My case: Antec SX1030B (currently a huge mess as you can see from the picture)

Water cooling components:

Swiftech 6002-64 CPU Block
DangerDen Maze 4 GPU Block
D-Tek Pro-120 heatercore with crappy shroud
120mm Panaflo OEM
Eheim 1048 (freshly fixed)

I'm having trouble finding a spot to put the pump. The hard drives will be suspended in the 5.25" bays (you can see the elastics already in place). The radiator/shroud/fan will go at the bottom front.

I can remove the bottom drive cage (the rivets were drilled out during a previous casemod).

Are there any problems with not having the Eheim operating in the normal upright position?

Since this is my first build, I have no problems spilling out of my case (for now), and cleaning it up later. This is largely just a trial run to figure out the little intricacies, then I'll rebuild from ground up once I do my next hardware upgrade (or get a new heater core hehe).

zoob
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by zoob » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:12 pm

Ok, I couldn't wait, so I built a temporary loop.

Sitting pretty Folding @ 38C (32C in BIOS just after initial bootup). Running the Panaflo 120mm OEM @ 5V.

+6C for full load on my 3200+ Clawhammer (2.0GHz, 1MB L2 Cache, 1.50 Vcore)

Impressive. I've noticed the MOSFETs are getting quite warm though.

When I get some free time again (last bump of midterms, assignments) before finals, I'll mess with it again :D

DryFire

Post by DryFire » Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:16 pm

If there isn't space by the gfx card you could hand it from that cross bar or put it in the 3.5" bay holder thingy.

Pjotor
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Pjotor » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:23 am

Remove the floppy drive from the drive cage and slap the pump in there. You probably don't need the floppy anyway, and USB sticks are better for portability.

Pjotor
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Pjotor » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:23 am

Ditch the floppy drive and slap the pump in the drive cage. You probably don't need the floppy anyway, and USB sticks are better for portability.