MYSTERY (solved) passive watercooler

The alternative to direct air cooling

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

LkyOldSun

MYSTERY (solved) passive watercooler

Post by LkyOldSun » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:00 pm

I had read about some new complete, passive watercooler kit that is idiotproof, due out in about 4 weeks, and I cannot remember which it was or find a link or anything. I remember that it had easy disconnects.

anyone have any ideas to which it may be???

I'm really sorry if you think I am wasting your time. I have looked and looked and cannot find it! I cannot stop thinking about it!! Please help me gain my sanity.
Last edited by LkyOldSun on Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cotdt

Post by cotdt » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:23 pm

Another zalman reserator ripoff?

LkyOldSun

Post by LkyOldSun » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:09 pm

I remember the review or the thread having pictures of this thing, and it was huge- like a tower speaker. They had it next to a 4 year old kid to show how big it was.
The scary part is that I am not exactly sure which forum it was on :oops:

pawstar

Post by pawstar » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:55 pm

That would be the Thermaltake Symphony and it is not passive but quiet with 5 slow running 120mm fans and the review you remember is on this page with the kids pic: http://www.overclockercafe.com/Reviews/ ... y/pg2.html

LkyOldSun

Post by LkyOldSun » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:34 pm

pawstar wrote:That would be the Thermaltake Symphony and it is not passive but quiet with 5 slow running 120mm fans and the review you remember is on this page with the kids pic: http://www.overclockercafe.com/Reviews/ ... y/pg2.html
Yessss!!!!
ok, so it's not passive. oops
I can finally rest now! My brain has been hanging on this so much, it has had no idle!!!
thank you thank you thank you!!!

Happy Hopping

Post by Happy Hopping » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:42 am

that thing sucks. It's more money and the fan generates noise. And it's way too tall, there is no way you can put it under your desk, parallel w/ your mini tower. You have to leave it in the open floor, which takes up un-needed space for me.

LkyOldSun

Post by LkyOldSun » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:14 am

Happy Hopping wrote:that thing sucks. It's more money and the fan generates noise. And it's way too tall, there is no way you can put it under your desk, parallel w/ your mini tower. You have to leave it in the open floor, which takes up un-needed space for me.
let me guess.
you are a "the cup is half empty" kinda guy, aren't you.
Is your username sarcastic or ironic? (you don't seem very happy) ;)

this watercooler is great for me. $300 is reasonable for me (I've given more than that to the hurricane relief). There is no room under my desk, and I do not have a mini-tower. I am an overclocker in it for the fun of overclocking who is tired of the jet engines. The sound this tower makes will be neglegable compared to what I am used to, and it can allow me to continue my overclock. It looks great and fits in perfect with my home theater speakers.

Goes to show, one man's trash is another man's treasure.

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:18 am

LkyOldSun wrote:The sound this tower makes will be neglegable compared to what I am used to, and it can allow me to continue my overclock.
What are you overclocking and by how much?...

Pete

LkyOldSun

Post by LkyOldSun » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:45 pm

peteamer wrote:
What are you overclocking and by how much?...
Pete
right now I have 3 computers, but my main box is a barton 2500+ running at 2.4 GHz, with a slk900u and some loud 92mm fan running full blast.

my next box will be a 3000+ or 3200+ venice core on a passive board, and will be my HTPC in a separate room, so quiet is good, but I will want to overclock it- even if just moderately.

It's just that this watercooler does not look industrial, is complete, and easy to setup.
I have no free time, so I am looking for the least time intensive solution. I have wanted watercooling for a long time now, and If I were to just go out and build my own, I would get (based on 1 hour of research) black ice III, 3 120mm yate loom orange fans, 3/8 tumbing, some danger den waterblocks or maze or something like that, and some kickass eheim pump. But then I would need to find a way to house the black ice rad, because it has zero WAF. And I would have to put it together myself, and research what liquid to use, how to avaoid spills, how to do a T-line, ect ect.[/url]

shoebox9

Post by shoebox9 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:39 pm

In another thread here, someone mentioned this elegant looking system only having a laughable 90l/h pump. If true, it would seem Thermal-Take-Your-Money have put lots of effort into cosmetics, but not enough into performance issues. You might want to check this out & add the cost of an extra pump if true.