Cape Cora's being dumped?

The alternative to direct air cooling

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Post Reply
dean.collins
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:38 am

Cape Cora's being dumped?

Post by dean.collins » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:46 am

Are the Cape Cora's passive radiators being dumped?
I've been trying to buy 3 black 642's for the last week and couldn't find them anywhere. This is the email that I got from Alphacool when I queried them directly.

Does anyone know what the deal is? Are they being replaced with something else? Are they dumping the product line entirely?

Cheers,
Dean

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Hello,

sorry the Cape Cora 642 is not more in our sortment.
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best Regards,

D. Seefeldt

alphacool GmbH | Marienberger Str.1 | 38122 Braunschweig | Germany
Tel: +49 (0)531 - 288 74 0 | Fax: +49 (0)531 - 288 74 22

--------- Original-Nachricht --------
Von: Dean Collins <[email protected]>
An: [email protected] <[email protected]>
Betreff: Alphacool GmbH - Kontakt-Formular
Datum: 23/01/07 05:26

> I cant find black Cape Cora 642 anywhere (including your website).
>
> Whats the deal?
>
> Please email me if you have 3 black 642's you can sell me.
>
> [email protected]

Chevreuil_turbo
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:28 pm
Location: Sherbrooke, Qc, Canada

Post by Chevreuil_turbo » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:13 pm

Hi there, i find some for you and they're cheap. 59$ us for a 642

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/5179/ ... 14901.html

I decided to buy 2 of these even tough i don't have a wc rig yet. (i've had a ninja in his box for nearly 3 months... uni uni uni....)

I really hope they don't come out with a 1/2in version or something like that, anyway even if they do that, this rad will still be an effective solution for those seeking passive and silent cooling.

We a total of 12 tubes, i will be enough for my needs and even tough i can build a slient air cooled pc for much less money and time let alone problems, i believe the idea is nice.

After all, Porsche went to watercooled engines...ahah jk

Francois

dean.collins
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:38 am

black

Post by dean.collins » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:47 pm

hi,
thanks for the post, i dont really read this site anymore due to the lack of traffic, check out http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/for ... y.php?f=10 as a lot more liquid information there.

Unfortunately I was only after black.

Since then a lot has changed however, I ordered direct from germany as no one in the USA was carrying them in black as they had stopped production.

Alphacool decided to get another set of black units ordered since then so they should be available USA retail again in a few months.

I've already received my delivery, first thoughts....both good and bad-happy with the product but also a few changes I would make.

I'll be posting info as the project unfolds at xtremesystems.

Cheers,
Dean

zds
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:26 pm
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Contact:

Re: Cape Cora's being dumped?

Post by zds » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:28 pm

dean.collins wrote:Are the Cape Cora's passive radiators being dumped?
I have assumed that they are actually rebranded Innovatek Konvekt-O-Matics: http://www.webshop-innovatek.de/assets/ ... ovatek.de/

So searching with that name might shed some light..

YugenM
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:55 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Re: Cape Cora's being dumped?

Post by YugenM » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:03 pm

zds wrote:
dean.collins wrote:Are the Cape Cora's passive radiators being dumped?
I have assumed that they are actually rebranded Innovatek Konvekt-O-Matics: http://www.webshop-innovatek.de/assets/ ... ovatek.de/

So searching with that name might shed some light..
nope, they're different. Innovateks are a single piece, Alphacools are a whole bunch of separate pieces that can be clipped together, then connected by tubing in either parallel or serial fashion. All the fins on the Innovateks are completely open to ambient air, Alphacools have four pairs of fins "closed" along their height with an open fin between each pair.

dean.collins
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:38 am

alphacool better

Post by dean.collins » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:43 am

the other problem with the innovateks is they are sealed.

no way to break them down to clean them out etc (though having said that considering how big a pin in the butt the alphacools were to put together might be the way to go (joking i'd still go for alphacool cape coras but not easy to put together).

Dean

zds
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:26 pm
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Contact:

Re: Cape Cora's being dumped?

Post by zds » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:43 pm

YugenM wrote:nope, they're different. Innovateks are a single piece, Alphacools are a whole bunch of separate pieces that can be clipped together
Ah. Thanks for correcting me :-).

Myth!
*Lifetime Patron*
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:30 am
Location: Beds, UK
Contact:

Post by Myth! » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:47 am

You can also get a wide fan thing for the innovatek if u need non-passive at times, not sure how easy that is for the cape cora

Post Reply