Fan in Reserator XT?

The alternative to direct air cooling

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

PizPump

Fan in Reserator XT?

Post by PizPump » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:01 pm

The fan in the Reserator XT seems awfully loud. Does anyone else have this problem?

I may need to switch to something quieter.

spartan117

Post by spartan117 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:25 am

Hi

I was thinking the same thing.... Just got mine set up recently, the temps im getting are very good mid 30's casual use and tops out at 45C with ambient being 24C with reserator set to low.

I was thinking if it would be possible to replace the fan, I know it's a 4 pin PWM fan, so just a matter of finding a quite 140mm pwm fan. or it that fails then a 120mm fan with some cable ties :roll:

spartan117

Post by spartan117 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:19 am

after much messing around I found out it's actually a 3pin fan :D silly me :oops: I stuck in Low-noise-adapter left over from my noctua fans, think it reduces the fan to run at 9v. but now it spins at 500rpm or so the XT says but the good news it's whisper quite now :)

hope this helps, also to open it you will need a 2.5mm allen key the front 4 bolts is enough to give you access to the fan / all other headers.

Also in future mods there is space for an extra fan! there seem to be 2 fan headers on the PCB will try and plug in a second fan to see what happens later :)