how can i tell which way to put nexus fan in???

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

hugekebab

how can i tell which way to put nexus fan in???

Post by hugekebab » Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:02 am

hi

ive installed a nexus fan on my aqcoiusticase but i cant tell if ive put it in the right way round??? it seems to be blowing in but then again i can feel air blowing out. i noticed two arrows one up one across, is this trying to tell me someth9ing :oops:

Cams
Friend of SPCR

Re: how can i tell which way to put nexus fan in???

Post by Cams » Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:21 am

hugekebab wrote:i noticed two arrows one up one across, is this trying to tell me someth9ing :oops:
Yep, the arrows show the direction of the airflow. I wish they were on all sides, or at least on two sides, as I always found it to be on the last side I look!

meglamaniac

Post by meglamaniac » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:30 am

Just to clarify, the arrow pointing parallel to the fan casing shows you which direction the fan rotates in. The other arrow shows you which direction the air goes.

NeilBlanchard

also...

Post by NeilBlanchard » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:41 am

Hello:

All fans of the standard type, blow the air out of the side where the motor support struts are.

The leading edges on the other side (the intake side) would hurt your fingers, and they are swept forward. The trailing edges (on the strut side) would not hurt your fingers (or at least not much).

niels007

Post by niels007 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:05 am

This 'pain' method reminds me of a recent Simpsons episode where Homer tries to fix the telephone line and gets fried multiple times trying to find the right wires, whilst standing on the large pole :)