Power Supply for New system - low power

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

cloneman

Power Supply for New system - low power

Post by cloneman » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:25 pm

~300 Watts should be enough - Athlon XP 2800+ & 1 Hard drive, with a moderate video card.

I want something that will work safely if I swap the fan for a 7V Panaflo.

Something around 50$ Canadian sounds nice.

I had a 450W Noname, whose insides looked very poorly passively cooled (tiny aluminum fins) - and a 7V panaflo doesnt seem to push much compared to the stock fan it had.

slipknottin

Post by slipknottin » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:33 pm

Look into the seasonic silencer. Should fit your needs pretty well.

I just bought one a week ago, and modded mine with a panaflo M1A, unfortunatly my panaflo ticks pretty badly, so im going to have to get another one.

bumpusth

Post by bumpusth » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:51 pm

First time poster, been reading this site for several months now.

I was in a similar condition and went with a Seasonic S12-330W which I found for about $57 american on froogle with shipping. True to the review I read it is one of the quietest power supplies I have ever not heard. It may be a little more than you want to spend, but this PSU comes with a few extra features I find indispensable. First, it comes with a cable wrap and case clip to route the power cables effectively. Second, there are several 3-pin fan connectors at lower voltages to skip the need for fan controllers. All in all an excellent package worth the money.