Error: CPU Fan missing

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

NovionSolarius

Error: CPU Fan missing

Post by NovionSolarius » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:22 am

I recently finished building one a P180 silent PC (phantom 350w, 6600GT, etc), thanks to the research and help I found on this site. Everything is fantastic, except for one slight annoyance, related to the use of the SCNJ-1000 (scythe ninja).

Since I built the computer to only use the fans in the P180, it means that there is no fan devoted to the CPU. Every time I start the computer, the motherboard reports there being no CPU fan and requires me to press F1 to continue. I have located the CPU fan prongs, but do not know how to proceed with them to either trick the computer into thinking there is a fan, or to trick it into disabling it's notice. Any suggestions?

I have an ASUS P5WD2 Premium motherboard.

There are 8 prongs (arranged 4x2) labeled for the CPU fan.

Is there some sort of connector I can attach to it to trick the computer?

More info can be provided at request, though I didn't see any other info that might be relevant to this problem that I could note.

ultraboy
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by ultraboy » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:31 am

First off, Welcome to SPCR!!!

I think you can disable CPU fan monitoring in bios. It's in Hardware Monitor option.

I don't have anything connect on CPU fan header of my ASUS P4P800E-Dlx and never get the F1 warning. Also disable the voice warning (forgot what it's called exactly), otherwise you'll keep hearing the not so lovely voice "CPU fan fail". :)

Sparkytfl

Post by Sparkytfl » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:25 pm

I did get that warning the first time I started my p4p800 deluxe after getting watercooling. went into setup then just went back out, never bothered me again. I plan on getting that board soon, hope it's a fixable issue.

expxe

Post by expxe » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:47 pm

hello

i have teh same problem, any solution?

bonestonne

Post by bonestonne » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:19 pm

Go into BIOS and find a setting called Warn CPU Fan Failure or something similar to that. disable it, and you'll be fine.

you don't need some special adapter to trick it, you just need to go into BIOS (with a fan plugged in) and then make sure it doesn't search for the fan. if you reset your BIOS, this setting will be lost.

that should be all.