Neo HE 430 PSU SLI READY yes or no ?

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

7OSH

Neo HE 430 PSU SLI READY yes or no ?

Post by 7OSH » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:10 pm

The Neo HE 430 PSU that comes with the p150 can that psu be used to run to graphics cards ?.

jackylman

Post by jackylman » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:39 pm

On the specifications, it only has one PCI-E connector so you'll need a Molex adapter.

GlassMan

Post by GlassMan » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:45 pm

You have 32 amps of 12v total to play with. Do the math with what you will be using. Go to the review and estimate what the temps and noise will be at that level. If either level is uncomfortable move up to a higher output psu.
If you are building low end probably, if high end, it might not be worth the risk.

cmcquistion

Post by cmcquistion » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:23 pm

Just to throw in my two cents...

I bought the P150 with that PSU. I didn't really need the PSU because I already had a nice Seasonic, but I really wanted the case.

My impressions? The PSU sucks. I have had significant problems with it with three different motherboards. On an Asus A8N-SLI and Asus A8N-SLI Premium, it would not run stable. The PSU would turn off the system at seamingly random times. I couldn't figure out the root cause, but I did some reading and a lot of people are having problems with this PSU. On another motherboard, a Jetway A200GDMS (ATI Xpress 200 chipset), this PSU would simply not power up the motherboard, though other PSU's worked fine.

A lot of people are having varying problems with this PSU. Just be aware of that.

Aleksi
Friend of SPCR

Post by Aleksi » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:39 pm

cmcquistion, I gotta agree with you.

I've been eyeing at the P150, but my biggest concern is that how many faulty PSUs were shipped with P150? How many distributors and shops have the faulty PSUs? Were they all recalled back to the factory and modified? Apparently not as it was supposed to be an isolated problem. But is it?

Just wondering, IIRC Antec says they have reports of six ongoing RMAs regarding the Antec NeoHE. Do they mean RMAs discussed directly by the buyer with the manufacturer, or does that include shops that have exchanged these faulty units also? (Excuse my stupidity, but here in Finland the warranty policies are different from atleast north America. If something is broken, the shop pays shipping both ways and exchanges it for a new one and then later deals with the paperwork and returning it to the manufacturer.)

Remember the rust (and bent door, don't know if that's fixed or even fixable) problem with P180? This was supposed to be taken care of, but here in Finland atleast some people buying the P180 are getting cases with rust and rusty screws. So it can be a while until a problem is truly solved in the eyes of the buyer.

So I'm waiting for atleast few months before getting one.

Hellspawn

Post by Hellspawn » Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:22 pm

Aleksi wrote:cmcquistion, I gotta agree with you.

I've been eyeing at the P150, but my biggest concern is that how many faulty PSUs were shipped with P150? How many distributors and shops have the faulty PSUs? Were they all recalled back to the factory and modified? Apparently not as it was supposed to be an isolated problem. But is it?

Just wondering, IIRC Antec says they have reports of six ongoing RMAs regarding the Antec NeoHE. Do they mean RMAs discussed directly by the buyer with the manufacturer, or does that include shops that have exchanged these faulty units also? (Excuse my stupidity, but here in Finland the warranty policies are different from atleast north America. If something is broken, the shop pays shipping both ways and exchanges it for a new one and then later deals with the paperwork and returning it to the manufacturer.)

Remember the rust (and bent door, don't know if that's fixed or even fixable) problem with P180? This was supposed to be taken care of, but here in Finland atleast some people buying the P180 are getting cases with rust and rusty screws. So it can be a while until a problem is truly solved in the eyes of the buyer.

So I'm waiting for atleast few months before getting one.
there is currently no intent to recall either the cases w/ the affected PSU, or the PSU that might be in retail boxes in the channel.