My first build, how does it look (suggestions?)? :o

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

empty

My first build, how does it look (suggestions?)? :o

Post by empty » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:25 pm

well after buying the p150 several moons ago, i finally have "everything" assembled. while i wait for an electrician to finally update some wiring i figured i might as well get some critique regarding how it turned out. i haven't turned it on yet (i have the nagging suspicion it will explode once i hit the power button). i tried to route the cables where i could but some just weren't long enough to be placed completely out of the way, or where they needed to be connected to wasn't the best location. i'll start off with what i used:

-Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe (AM2)
-Athlon X2 4200+ (AM2)
-XP-120 with rev. B RM
-7900 GT Overclocked with VF900-CU
-2x92mm + 1x120mm nexus fans
-2x1GB ddr2-800
-200GB samsung hd

and some pics :)

Image Image

andaca

Post by andaca » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:35 pm

nice hardware, I dont know why people here like this case THAT much, IMO 2 mucho power for such a small case. at least no ninja there, I swear, if i see another solo + ninja build im going 2 cut my wrist !
Really i mean it!

Nice work

qviri

Post by qviri » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:03 pm

andaca wrote:IMO 2 mucho power for such a small case.
Because as we all know, computers in big cases are faster ;)

BrianE

Post by BrianE » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:00 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but do you have the RAM modules plugged into the right slots? I thought generally the colours were supposed to be the same for dual channel mode. :?:

Other than that, looks good.

moritz

Post by moritz » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:06 am

qviri wrote:
andaca wrote:IMO 2 mucho power for such a small case.
Because as we all know, computers in big cases are faster ;)
Especially when they're black! No love for the P150!

Oh and agreed on the RAM modules, from what I read they should be in the same coloured slots. Though I'd never have spotted that on my own. :)

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:19 am

Greetings,

It looks like the HD suspension bands are the original style? You can get the new ones from Antec (for free?) and they won't break (as quickly).

[Edit: They just send the new ones to you...no exchange necessary!]
Last edited by NeilBlanchard on Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

empty

Post by empty » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:14 am

thanks for the replies :). yeah the ram modules were "fixed" shortly after that picture was taken lol. as for the hd suspension, yes it is the original rubber bands, i would get the new ones but to be honest i never want to deal with antec again. it took them well over a month just to get them to send me a replacement power supply.

vitaminc

Post by vitaminc » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:54 am

Just a suggestion:

Change the Antec Tricool fan to Nexus so you can use SpeedFan to dynamically control the fan speed so you can overclock this babe. :p

empty

Post by empty » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:04 am

when i bought all the parts i was thinking of getting a second 120mm nexus to replace the tricool but i decided against it. in the future i might, but about half an hour ago i got impatient and hooked the system up on the floor in the basement here, when i turned it on i had to actually check to make sure the fans were on. the tricool is set to low right now it's as quiet as the nexus fans as far as i can tell, but my ears probably aren't as well "tuned" as everyone else's ;).

this is my first "silent" (as a goal) computer, and i must say it's much more quiet than any system i've dealt with. right now windows pro. is being installed i'll see what overclocking i can do once everything is running :)