Socket 775 HS retention.

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Socket 775 HS retention.

Post by aristide1 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:08 am

Peoples,

What is the consensus about having an 800mg HS mounted to a vertical mobo with just push pins?

It seems the Tuniq has a back plate, it's more difficult to make that determination for other HSs, because when they include back plates it's often just for other sockets.

Thanks,
Aris

Dodgexander

Post by Dodgexander » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:13 pm

just push pins?you mean metal rails that fit round your mobo, or is it a click in socket pins, for instance like with socket 462?(socket a).
If you keep it still then just try it out to see if it doesnt make a difference, or if it slants atall, you can always keep your hand belo

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:49 pm

Metal clips included, on a socket 775, you can have 800mg connected to your motherboard, all exertion is concentrated into 4 little points/holes.

?? You'd think I addressed some forbidden topic here based on the response.

:)

jedster

Post by jedster » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:52 pm

i feel like the connection is a helluva lot more secure with a backplate. i don't have enough data to be declare positively that backplates are better, but in my case the ninja rev b with push pins has been sometimes good and sometimes no good and i gotta figure that some of that could be mileage variability caused by the push pins...

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:37 pm

jedster wrote:i feel like the connection is a helluva lot more secure with a backplate. i don't have enough data to be declare positively that backplates are better, but in my case the ninja rev b with push pins has been sometimes good and sometimes no good and i gotta figure that some of that could be mileage variability caused by the push pins...
Exactly.