Newbie with Antec 300 case info please

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

markyb

Post by markyb » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:26 am

As promised. pics of the new rig. just need to sort out the supply for the Speakers which is somerthing im having troubles with. but apart from that. very good.

I think the Mobo is making a electrical hissing and it can be heard outside the case. but i think its good enough for the time being.

Im going to get a killawatt i think during the week, but i have already done a few tests with the free one we got when we changed energy companies and the figures arent bad. On energy saving via the motherboard i got a reading of 30W's, compared to my laptop which is around 26W's i dont feel its too bad. i do believe that the energy display things arent very accurate hence the reason about the Kill-a-watt.

Last pic was took eariler but i didnt take any of the suspension last time. :D

casebuyer

Post by casebuyer » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:01 am

thanks for sharing

so does antec 300 is quiet now

markyb

Post by markyb » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:07 am

Hi. Sorry for such a late reply.. havent been on for a bit :oops:

The case is ALOT quieter then it was before yes. But i guess it depends how quiet/silent you like your pc. To me, its my first quiet pc and is near silent *to me anyway* apart from my 120mm Sharkoon top fan which still can cause alittle air movement. BUT thats being super critical. and is nearly inaudioable when im asleep which is my main reason for doing this.

Compared to my last bought Parckard Bell rig, this new one isnt even turned on.. :lol:

had some problems with software updates and newer devices not working properly, *but i think thats alot to do with me still using XP Pro*
Might invest into Win 7 :D