MSI Media Diva + Jamo A102 Vs ASUS Mobo + Logitech Z5500

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Which combination should I go for?

MSI Media Diva Mobo + Jamo A102 5.1 Speakers
100%
ASUS M3A32 MVP Deluxe + Logitech Z5500 5.1 Speakers
No votes
Other configuration - Please state in reply
No votes

Total votes: 3

dean_wales

MSI Media Diva + Jamo A102 Vs ASUS Mobo + Logitech Z5500

Post by dean_wales » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:59 am

Hello,

As per the thread title Im torn between two setups! I currently have a HTPC as per my sig which I am re-jigging prior to re-formatting with Windows 7.

Thing is I have no good audio setup at the moment and will be tackling this by either adding the Logitech Z5500's as a descent 5.1 kit or something more drastic.

By more drastic I mean selling the nice asus mobo on eBay and buying the MSI Media Diva instead. I would pair this then with a set of Jamo A102 5.1 surround speakers. This would be better in that there would be one remote (high WAF), nothing left on standby all the time (high WAF)and hopefully better quality audio than the rather boom-boom Logitechs?

Could someone offer me any advice? The MSI/Jamo combo will be at least £100+ more expensive than just hooking up some Z5500's. Will the sound be better? Will I notice a drop in games/general performance going from the ASUS M3A32-MVP deluxe to the lesser specc'd MSI board?

Also any ideas on which would be better on electricty. The box runs 24/7 everyday so this is very important. Im also a bit of a tree hugger!

So is it this:
plus

Or do I stick with this:
plus

Pointless eye candy I know!

Thanks in advance for any advice :-)

Dean.

Tobias

Post by Tobias » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:25 pm

As a married man, I can only say, go with WAF:) It will be a bit more expensive and probably have a higher power draw (there is that extra molex on the amp card, after all), but you love to tinker with new and exiting hardware anyways and extra WAF is never a bad thing. So don't think of those extra 100£ as a waste of money, you are investing in both a good pass time and pease of mind. (Besides, you want to :P)