Fix scratched Solo?

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

sonic6k

Fix scratched Solo?

Post by sonic6k » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:44 am

Hi,

Not even a week with this new Antec and I managed to seriously f it up. I believe it happend while putting in the motherboard and other components, since the side with the spring loaded thumbscrews is perfect. The other side has suffered way too much than I believe I could have done to it. There are several very long and quite deep scratches, which appear white and several areas are scratched so that the paint has lost its gloss. It looks awful, simply put.

I have searched everywhere, but cannot find a replacement side panel. Do you know where I can get one or fix this one? Thank you!

SebRad
Patron of SPCR

Post by SebRad » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:43 am

Hi, maybe try car repair shop or friend if you know someone who works in that area? I'm guessing to really fix it will need rubbed down and repainted and then lacquered. Antec support got good rep, they maybe able to advise on purchase replacement that maybe cheaper / less work than repairing yours.
Good luck, Seb