Will it fit!?

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

swivelguy2

Will it fit!?

Post by swivelguy2 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:19 am

Ok, I love the look (and size - it's about half the volume of the NSK3480) of the InWin BK644 (more pics: interior, rear), and I'm wondering if I can stuff everything that I've planned inside it and be able to get it quiet.

Planned components:
Intel i3-530
Gigabyte H55M-USB3
2x 2GB DDR3
Radeon HD 5670
Samsung F2EG 1.5 TB
OCZ Agility 120GB
Samsung SH-S223C DVD/RW

1. Can I fit any aftermarket heatsink on there at all? A [Big] Shuriken would probably be pretty quiet given the limited space, but would it hit the graphics card, and/or the optical drive?

2. If I remove both 3.5" drive bays, might there be enough room to do some elastic suspension of the F2EG?

3. Will the Seasonic SS-300SFD be a drop-in replacement for the stock PSU? I'll first try a fan-swap on the stock PSU, but if that's still too noisy, I'd go for this.

4. Will having a CPU fan as the only intake and the PSU fan as the only exhaust be enough? Will the close proximity of the GPU heatsink be a problem for the PSU fan speed? In general, is the small size of this thing going to pose insurmountable obstacles to quietness?