Aerocool QX-2000 Opinions for i7?

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

JackyPerformance.com

Aerocool QX-2000 Opinions for i7?

Post by JackyPerformance.com » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:16 am

I realize the Aerocool QX-2000 is no Antec p18x series, but how quiet do you think this could be with fans that had the optimum noise/cfm ratio with an i7 930 @ 4Ghz? (System spec = passive video card, SSD hard drive, blue-ray optical drive, & 1 audio-recording device in PCI slot)

Also, anyone know the best heatsink that would fit in this little bugger? 8)

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:12 am

This query will not get any replies -- too general. Most the forum probably don't know what Aerocool QX-2000 is and you don't help w/ links.

JackyPerformance.com

Post by JackyPerformance.com » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:41 am

Here is a link to the case review :D :

http://www.thinkcomputers.org/aerocool- ... -review/4/

I like the smaller footprint it leaves around the desk and it's easy to carry to locations for computational intensive tasks, this is why I ask about the noise "impressions" from you more experienced SPCR's. It seems to me that front fan, can help a lot with keeping things cool and quiet if it's speed is low enough, whatcha think?

MikeC
Site Admin

Re: Aerocool QX-2000 Opinions for i7?

Post by MikeC » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:29 am

JackyPerformance.com wrote:I realize the Aerocool QX-2000 is no Antec p18x series, but how quiet do you think this could be with fans that had the optimum noise/cfm ratio with an i7 930 @ 4Ghz?
Not quiet.

A vertical mATX case usually provides better airflow than a horizontal one, and the footprint on the desktop is smaller. Try any cheap mATX tower with 120mm in/out vents and stick a handle on top or use straps around the case with a handle on top. Then you can use a big tower HSF and get good cooling without too much noise.