I need help with my new PC

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

paysu

I need help with my new PC

Post by paysu » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:31 am

First of all, I beg your pardon for my English. I'm from Spain and I have to use Google Translate. :oops:

Congratulations on the forum. I've learned a lot reading your post and reviews.

Well, after reading all your advice and throw many hours to dive for your forum and other forums of Spain, I've finally made the order of components for moving the team of my signature. I commented what I asked and I appreciate it dieseis me your opinion on the options I've chosen, just tell the computer to use, especially for downloads, office automation, and from time to time, for home video editing, so whether this power, virtually 24 hours with downloads:

ANTEC P183
MODU82 + 425W ENERMAX
Rev.B Scythe Mugen 2
Arctic Silver 5 3.5gr
1x Schyte PWM Slip Stream 120 mm (to puss & pull with serial Mugen)
Phobya Y Cable 4-pin PWM 2 x 4 pin PWM & 3-pin 1 x 30cm (To use the PWM of the plate in the Slip Stream of Mugen)
2x Nidec Servo Gentle Typhoon 12CM 1450RPM (To replace the Antec)
Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 Rev.2 (to replace my EN8600GT fan because it makes some noise)
1x Nidec Servo Gentle Typhoon 12CM 800rpm (to put in the upper front aerating the Accelero S1 removing the HDD cage is right in front)
2x Molex Doubler Revoltec 3-Pin Connector (for connecting the two Nidec 1450 and 800 to another connector on my motherboard that allows regular Speedfan Voltage)
1x Nidec Servo Gentle Typhoon 12CM 500rpm (to put on the lower front, putting air into the two HDD and PSU)

Now I only have some doubts:

Do you think that is a good configuration or, at best, dispense advice would you give me the two front fans to reduccir noise (if it is going to notice) without affecting, as the ventilation of the team?

If any of you have used this source and this board, are long enough cables 24 pin and 8 pin going to the plate or extension must be used to make them well-ordered?

With the computer I'm going to ride that temperature range ("desired" and "attention") and working percentages of fans you advise me to put in Speedfan for Cores, CPU, Graphics, HDD and Chipset ? What are the normal temperatures of these components with the use I'll give the team?

Is the Mugen, it should make removing the air backward, the back of the box fan, no?

Really, thank you very much for your help and patience.
Sorry for my English and Greetings.

RoGuE

Re: I need help with my new PC

Post by RoGuE » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:13 am

paysu wrote:to puss & pull with serial Mugen

[...]

With the computer I'm going to ride that temperature range ("desired" and "attention") and working percentages of fans you advise me to put in Speedfan for Cores, CPU, Graphics, HDD and Chipset ? What are the normal temperatures of these components with the use I'll give the team?

[...]

Is the Mugen, it should make removing the air backward, the back of the box fan, no?

I know you don't speak english, but that first line made me smile.

Second of all, normal temperatures for your speedfan settings are as follows:

CORES: 40C-60C
CPU: 35C-45C
GPU: 45C-65C
HDD: 28C-38C
CHIPSET: 30C-45C

I have my fans kick on 100% when any core gets above 60C. I don't like them getting much hotter than that.

You asked if the mugen should be pushing air out the back.. That's up to you. Since you are buying a P183 case (nice case by the way), you can choose between front to back, or bottom to top, as you have the top blow hole in the case. Either way, you want to be blowing hot CPU air in the direction of your case airflow.

paysu

Re: I need help with my new PC

Post by paysu » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:46 am

RoGuE wrote:
paysu wrote:to puss & pull with serial Mugen

[...]

[...]

I know you don't speak english, but that first line made me smile.

Second of all, normal temperatures for your speedfan settings are as follows:

CORES: 40C-60C
CPU: 35C-45C
GPU: 45C-65C
HDD: 28C-38C
CHIPSET: 30C-45C

I have my fans kick on 100% when any core gets above 60C. I don't like them getting much hotter than that.

You asked if the mugen should be pushing air out the back.. That's up to you. Since you are buying a P183 case (nice case by the way), you can choose between front to back, or bottom to top, as you have the top blow hole in the case. Either way, you want to be blowing hot CPU air in the direction of your case airflow.

Thank you very much for your help.
I am glad that my English has made you smile.
The truth is that I have clarified the main question I had, which were the temperature ranges.