At what temp does instability usually arise?

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Lupine Lacuna

At what temp does instability usually arise?

Post by Lupine Lacuna » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:12 am

I would like to run a DH67CF in a H3Sodd. And apparently this will run to about 70 degrees.

At what system temp does instability normally arise?

HFat

Re: At what temp does instability usually arise?

Post by HFat » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:27 am

What do you think would run at 70C and why?

Does Intel say this board can't work in a fanless case? Does the case's manufacturer say it wouldn't work with that board? If not, don't fret. Some vendors are selling fanless systems with that board: http://blog.aleutia.com/tag/intel-dh67cf/ I guess you could ask them what tests they've run but I wouldn't bother.

I run cheap Intel boards without any fans. Intel's documentation states what parts can handle what temperature and some parts are supposed to be able to handle 120C. Some people fret about the temperatures of some chips which have no heatsinks but I've had no premature failures so far. I wouldn't be surprised if I had a few expect premature failures but it's no big deal. I'll be wanting to upgrade the boards soon enough anyway.

Scrooge

Re: At what temp does instability usually arise?

Post by Scrooge » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:48 pm

If you're worried, you could always re-apply better thermal paste to the heatsinks, and use thermal glue to add heatsinks to components that don't have them. Also, the temperature issues arise at will be different for each component, and most of them don't have temperature probes.