Hush Atx Pc

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

djmad1

Hush Atx Pc

Post by djmad1 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:15 pm

Is anybidy familiar with the Hush ATX PC? Received from a friend and really wish I could find a users manual. Wondering if it's possible to swap out the MB to something more recent. Not sure how to remove the cooling components to acess the mb.

Thanks.

MikeC
Site Admin

Re: Hush Atx Pc

Post by MikeC » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:25 am

It was reviewed here a decade+ ago. Try searching. Documentation will be sparse; they were custom propretary builds. Study the components, work carefully & you coul replace the mobo, probably without chipset cooling. Might need different length heatpipes and come up with a new CPU heatblock. Oh, the PSU is crap by current standards -- maybe 80% efficiency at best and possibly buzzy. Not sure what you can do about that as the form factor is unique and only seasonic has any significant fanless PSUs of note -- ATX form factor only afaik.

djmad1

Re: Hush Atx Pc

Post by djmad1 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:29 am

Hi Mike, thanks for the reply. At least I have a little more info to work with now. Since the PSU is unique to the brand, I'll probably just leave it as is. I've searched for info here and there over the past couple years, yet all I've been able to find are very old reviews. Guess I'll just max out the ram and upgrade the OS.

Thanks