xbox

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

arknet

xbox

Post by arknet » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:57 am

been meaning to pimp my xbox for a while now and finally looking into it. Has anyone come across any issues before I crack it open. It only has the original 500GB drive and looking to update to a 2TB. Probably a Samsung drive

pati.trip

Re: xbox

Post by pati.trip » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:16 am

I think there is the option to store in the Cloud for the XBox, why not use that option? So then you don't need to worry about re-scale the storage capacity

arknet

Post by arknet » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:45 am

half of the games I have are on dvd I don't think I have the option to upload them?

leslie

Post by leslie » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:32 am

Well, I think it's better to use phusical memory. And you'll be able to use it elsewhere for other gaming console

arknet

Post by arknet » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:14 pm

Returning to my OP. It didn't go well and snapped a small PCB which I think was a wifi card. Bought a second hand xbox x which I love but now seem to be getting more latency problems than I had on my old original xbox one. My broadband is the same and nothing has changed. I fail to see that a newer xbox would have latency problems (typically around 230ms) I have read on here: https://www.fasterbroadband.co.uk/guide ... ng-latency that a HDMI cable can help improve latency problems. I am still using my original HDMI cable. It seems like a waste of money to change the cable if my picture is working perfectly, am dubious that it can be the cable. The new xbox is 4K and my tv is also 4K. Ideas welcome

Fpcboy

Post by Fpcboy » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:05 pm

arknet wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:14 pm
Returning to my OP. It didn't go well and snapped a small PCB which I think was a wifi card. Bought a second hand xbox x which I love but now seem to be getting more latency problems than I had on my old original xbox one. My broadband is the same and nothing has changed. I fail to see that a newer xbox would have latency problems (typically around 230ms) I have read on here: https://www.fasterbroadband.co.uk/guide ... ng-latency that a HDMI cable can help improve latency problems. I am still using my original HDMI cable. It seems like a waste of money to change the cable if my picture is working perfectly, am dubious that it can be the cable. The new xbox is 4K and my tv is also 4K. Ideas welcome
Broken PCB? Why not use flexible circuit boards? Of course, this is just my suggestion, not necessarily applicable to you.